Alaafin

#TeamLawrence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Vine City
Two versions?
He got sent to the 2050's because he's over 40 and dead long before then
But His daughter knew to send for him on this day because how?
There was no tomorrow war in her past, she would have never known the exact date he arrived, and that he survives his 7 days and went back

Making her plan only make sense if its random and based on faith that one day her dad is gonna come thru that portal with other draftees and then help with her plan.
Two timelines:
Timeline A - He comes back and due to there being no solution to prevent/defeat the aliens, he spirals out like his father. This gives the daughter the motivation of being better than him and becoming the leader of the future force.
Timeline B - His daughter of timeline A knows of his draft schedule and that he survives, so she brings him to be the courier for the toxin. He comes back with the solution, prevents the war, saves his family and creates a new timeline without the aliens.

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Two timelines:
Timeline A - He comes back and due to there being no solution to prevent/defeat the aliens, he spirals out like his father. This gives the daughter the motivation of being better than him and becoming the leader of the future force.
Timeline B - His daughter of timeline A knows of his draft schedule and that he survives, so she brings him to be the courier for the toxin. He comes back with the solution, prevents the war, saves his family and creates a new timeline without the aliens.

Timelines changes are cheap and easy writing. It basically makes anything possible with no time paradox’s possible. The whole reason they chose him was because he would die in 7 years but he actually won’t now

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Two timelines:

He only came back one time. After the divorce he left them and died in the Car crash 7 yrs later.

The older daughter didn’t have people come back from the future when she was 9. She grows up and the invasion happens. Time machine is created and the story starts from there. Her timeline didn’t know of the aliens until 2048. If he came back twice they would of known about them way ahead of time.

If I had to guess why him and his wife separated, he was feeling sorry for himself in the beginning and had the feeling he was meant for more but was stuck where he was at( esp when he didn’t get the job in the beginning ). That probably caused a drain on there relationship.

Alaafin

#TeamLawrence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Vine City
He only came back one time. After the divorce he left them and died in the Car crash 7 yrs later.

The older daughter didn’t have people come back from the future when she was 9. She grows up and the invasion happens. Time machine is created and the story starts from there. Her timeline didn’t know of the aliens until 2048. If he came back twice they would of known about them way ahead of time.

If I had to guess why him and his wife separated, he was feeling sorry for himself in the beginning and had the feeling he was meant for more but was stuck where he was at( esp when he didn’t get the job in the beginning ). That probably caused a drain on there relationship.
Went back and watched the beach convo and I was wrong. She didn't mention him coming back. In regards to bringing him in, maybe it was just random :yeshrug:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Chris Pratt Reacts to Tomorrow War Breaking Amazon Prime Video Records

Chris Pratt thanked his fans for making his latest sci-fi movie, The Tomorrow War, the number one streaming film since its first 48 hours of release.

BY ABIGAIL ONG-PIZARROPUBLISHED 6 HOURS AGO
Chris-Pratt-in-Tomorrow-War.jpg

Chris Pratt is overjoyed that his latest film, The Tomorrow War, has achieved record-breaking numbers during its first 48 hours of streaming on Amazon Prime Video. The sci-fi action movie follows Pratt's character, a military veteran-turned-biology teacher who gets dragged back into the action after a group of soldiers from the year 2051 visits Earth with a plea. In their time, humanity is about to get wiped out by alien invaders called "Whitespikes" unless people from 2021 help them fight.

The Tomorrow War is directed by Chris McKay and also stars Yvonne Strahovski, J.K. Simmons, and Betty Gilpin. Aside from playing the lead, Pratt also serves as the film's executive producer. The movie was originally intended for a theatrical release last December but was passed on to Amazon due to the pandemic. It premiered on the streaming platform on July 2 and quickly rose to Amazon's charts as its most-watched movie over the weekend.

Taking a break from his 4th of July celebrations, Pratt posted a video on Instagram to announce that The Tomorrow War is now the number one streaming film in the world. The 42-year-old actor thanked his fans who watched his latest movie and gave positive reactions. In the post's caption, Pratt called the movie's record-breaking success a "home run win." "We couldn't defeat the whitespikes without our fellow soldiers," the actor added in the comments.

Early reviews of The Tomorrow War had critics divided on the film's futuristic plot and story-telling. It's certainly not the first movie that featured aliens and a group of ordinary characters trying to save the world from the brink of extinction. While some critics felt it lacked the edge to beat previous blockbusters with a similar premise, The Tomorrow War undoubtedly doesn't scrimp on the fun. Now that it's finally streaming on Amazon, it's time for audiences to weigh in on its entertainment value. And with an audience score of 82% on Rotten Tomatoes, Pratt's latest sci-fi flick seems to resonate strongly with its viewers.

Interestingly, Pratt delivers his most enjoyable performances as a hero in action-packed sci-fi movies with humorous dialogue and a heartwarming plot at its core. He's definitely polished his on-screen magic with blockbuster sagas such as Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy and Jurassic Park. The Tomorrow War serves as Pratt's first solo outing as its lead star who would carry much of the movie's weight all throughout. Its success proves that Pratt has truly found his sweet spot in this genre and is ready for more action

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I could have did without the father-daughter colonel relationship. I wish they would have found another way to tell the story without it. I thought it was corny. She's going to risk all of humanity just to give her father a chance? Didn't make sense from a logical standpoint.

Plus I really dislike young high ranking military officers in movies. Yeah I understand the point of sending people who are already dead but they could have found a way have some old veterans around in the future.

Despite all that, I still really like the movie. And I'm a science fiction nut but this particular timeline concept hasn't been done before (that I know of anyway). There have been plenty of going back and forth in the future but none with concept of they're both moving at the same time. I thought it was dope.

All throughout the movie I was wondering how did the aliens get to Earth. They seem to not have any sort of higher level intelligence. Interesting that they were sent to destroy planets. Now I'm wondering who sent them. Hope there's a follow-up somehow.

Last edited:

chargers31

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chargers
Director already wants a sequel if they greenlight it.

After launching this weekend on Amazon Prime,The Tomorrow War director Chris McKay is anxious to return to this action-packed sci-fi world for a sequel, and now reveals that a potential follow-up would explore the origins of the creatures. Should he be given the opportunity, McKay plans to build upon the foundations laid in the first movie, which is available to stream now on Amazon Prime.

"We had such a fun design process. We talked about the world of these creatures, where they came from, how they were created or raised, and how they were maybe being used. I like world-building experiments, especially when you have the potential of some kind of time travel. I think that a sequel could go in a lot of fun areas and the ethnographic study of the whitespikes in their world and where they came from, and what their purpose was, and all of that kind of thing.