CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:ehh:IT WAS DOPE

Harley has turned into DCEU's Wolverine. She really didn't even need to be in the movie at all.

Hopefully Idris Elba comes back for the sequel. Wouldn't mind if Will came back, but don't really see how 2 Alphas are going to work on the same team.

:camby:GET WILL THE fukk OUTTA HERE.
:devil:
:evil:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Random thoughts:

- Ratcatcher II was the stand out of the film with King Shark (is a shark) and Polka Dot Man coming in a close second and third. Peacemaker too.
- Margot looking A-OK in this movie. Great on the eyes. I almost forgot in these days and age, Harley is a villain.
- You know what? The characters were just all around BETTER in this film. I ended up liking him better than Deadshot and Deathstroke (although we haven't seen much of him.)
- Whenever I'd tell people that the main antagonist of the film would be a giant starfish, most females said that it sounded adorable. I wonder how they feel now that the movie is out. Is Starro still adorable?
- Some of my friends thought Polka Dot Man would get got early on, but I told them, "Nah. Everyone is clowning on him in the trailer...he's going to do something to make everyone go :damn:. Just watch."
- Takei Waititi is the Mastercard of movies. Don't make a movie without him even if it's a cameo.
- Weasel :banderas:
- You wanted heel John Cena...you got him this year. :demonic:

Loved it. It was a very fun film. I hope Gunn and WB/DC work some more together. It was also my first time back to the movie theater in 531 days. It felt good to put some of those Regal gift cards that I got for Christmas 2019 to good use.

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Harley has turned into DCEU's Wolverine. She really didn't even need to be in the movie at all.

It felt like a business decision to give her so much solo time. Once they switched from the team to her I lost interest fast. That was an abrupt change of pace. Even when she linked back up with everyone it was clear that she's the least interesting character of the bunch.

Rat Catcher 2 added so much heart to a movie that's over the top crazy and her bond with Bloodsport was great. She got some beautiful eyes :noah: Not gonna lie I was moved at the end until I was like, "Is that Taika?:gucci: " I just can't take dude seriously:mjlol:

Bloodsport's character arc was done so well and Idris was great. The ending with him and Sebastian:mjcry:

King Shark was a lovable fool.

Peacemaker's rivalry with Bloodsport was fun.

Polkadot Man was such a ridiculous character but his back story made him sympathetic.

They built up such a strong group dynamic that when they said they had to save Harley I was asking why. The best moments up until that point were when she wasn't on screen. Her parts made it feel like there were two movies going on. I just didn't have any attachment to her character and when she joined everyone she didn't have the connection because she didn't spend the time it takes to develop a bond.

I didn't see Birds of Prey and SS1 was so wack I didn't finish it so maybe I'm missing the Margot Robbie hype. I just don't find her performance to be impressive. At least with Scarjo's wooden performances as Black Widow she's still something to look at. Margot does nothing for me.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Peacemaker.... US Agent

:yeshrug:

xscLYk25AjXQzWX6afM4YC.jpg

Let's get it:whew:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This is how WWE should turn him heel, have him going HAM on everyone but he thinks he's still a babyface :skip:
Yooooo :ohhh:

Who would’ve thought a James Gunn movie would make us realize WWE actually completely wasted Cena’s prime :dead:

This is what the muthafukka should’ve been 15 years ago! This was his ‘Hollywood Rock’ equivalent lmao

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I'm really shocked and impressed they had the guts to kill off Flagg.

Margot killed it as usual

Idris killed it as expected

Viola proved she is like the female Denzel because I hate Amanda as much as I hate Alonso in training day.

I'm mad polka dot dude went out like that even tho it was funny