Official The Suicide Squad Thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
for me, easily the best dc movie but thats not saying much. I wouldn't put it above guardian of the galaxy or anything but i'd watch this again.

I think Gunn criticizing superhero movies al lbeing the same and then making this comes off a bit hypocirtical though. Making it more violent doesn't really make it different from GoTG

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Let’s be real, this isn’t good “for a DC movie,” It’s just a good movie. I keep seeing “it’s the best DC movie, which isn’t saying much” type comments.

It’s fun, it has heart, unpredictable, quality performances, cool action sequences and a great final act. Gotta give props when they’re due.

DC’s universe will literally never be on par with marvels. They’re too far behind. That’s okay. This movie is still flames and the overwhelming acclaim it’s getting from critics and audiences is well deserved

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
to me this was just guardians of the galaxy DC edition, it had almost all the same story beats. random, unlikely heroes, becoming friends/family, through some cataclysmic events. I thought it was highly predictable if anything.

also the DC universe being so fragmented at this point is frustrating i never know what canon they are basing this off.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
to me this was just guardians of the galaxy DC edition, it had almost all the same story beats. random, unlikely heroes, becoming friends/family, through some cataclysmic events. I thought it was highly predictable if anything.
This shared none of the same story beats.

The friends/ family angle doesn’t apply cause half the team died or betrayed one another. Harley and Flagg already knew each other. The was no romantic love angle.

The Starro plot was like nothing in either GOTG.

If anything this ripped from was Tarantino and that’s cause both cribbed off the Dirty Dozen

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He's more of a big Snyder stan.

I used to like Tyrone before he hopped on the c00n train for views and started appealing to the MAGA/alt-right geek chuds.
The Snyder dead-enders were bombing the review sites for negative reviews of this movie before it even came out.
They are vehemently against any DC movie that does not continue the Snyderverse.

Daps
All cool cartoon characters do not transfer well on the big screen.
Harley Quinn is not it!

:beli:

Overall movie was cool.
Mad laughs.
DC will forever be trash tho!
Just gotta deal with it.
Even their cartoons is wack now.

Aside from...

Harley Quinn

:troll:

The only thing I didn't like about Harley is that they are still trying to subtlely push that whole "feminism" thing that I believe was started in the Bird of Prey movie (which I found unwatchable. I couldn't get through the first ten or 15 minutes of it).

I mean, I get it. They're trying to show that women aren't sex objects now, and that's why instead of having Harley in boy shorts like in the 1st movie, now she wears pants and they don't really show her doing anything sexual anymore.

But they gotta understand that there's a reason men want to see women superheroes and it ain't cause "women get it done".

We want to see sexy women on screen, but everybody wants to show us that women "are powerful, not sexy".

And that's just not what comic book fans wants.

The ONLY reason it worked in this movie was because luckily, the other characters shined, and Harley wasn't the focal point. But in the first movie, she was the focal point and her sexiness played a role in keeping the attention of the audience.

And btw, from what I recall, this isn't DC's fault. Margot Robbie was the one pushing the feminism angle iirc.