Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you think DC called Will before production started and told him that
We going to kill all the og Suicide Squad from the first movie except Harley
You in?:mjgrin:

yoJC2x6oexqtDw0RMI.gif
I was gonna ask wtf happened to diablo and killer croc i dont rememver them dying

They did boomerang dirty though

Next one i wanna see will and idris kill some shyt

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only thing I didn't like about Harley is that they are still trying to subtlely push that whole "feminism" thing that I believe was started in the Bird of Prey movie (which I found unwatchable. I couldn't get through the first ten or 15 minutes of it).

I mean, I get it. They're trying to show that women aren't sex objects now, and that's why instead of having Harley in boy shorts like in the 1st movie, now she wears pants and they don't really show her doing anything sexual anymore.

But they gotta understand that there's a reason men want to see women superheroes and it ain't cause "women get it done".

We want to see sexy women on screen, but everybody wants to show us that women "are powerful, not sexy".

And that's just not what comic book fans wants.

The ONLY reason it worked in this movie was because luckily, the other characters shined, and Harley wasn't the focal point. But in the first movie, she was the focal point and her sexiness played a role in keeping the attention of the audience.

And btw, from what I recall, this isn't DC's fault. Margot Robbie was the one pushing the feminism angle iirc.

Eh, times have changed. Male comic book geeks arent the only consumers of this kind of media anymore and creators are not trying to appeal solely to them anymore.

I personally do like female characters that are powerful but also have some depth and varied in personality. Its cool to have a hot sex kitten and a shy, cute nerdy type.etc.

I also thought Margot looked pretty hot in that red dress btw lol

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The only thing I didn't like about Harley is that they are still trying to subtlely push that whole "feminism" thing that I believe was started in the Bird of Prey movie (which I found unwatchable. I couldn't get through the first ten or 15 minutes of it).

I mean, I get it. They're trying to show that women aren't sex objects now, and that's why instead of having Harley in boy shorts like in the 1st movie, now she wears pants and they don't really show her doing anything sexual anymore.

But they gotta understand that there's a reason men want to see women superheroes and it ain't cause "women get it done".

We want to see sexy women on screen, but everybody wants to show us that women "are powerful, not sexy".

And that's just not what comic book fans wants.

The ONLY reason it worked in this movie was because luckily, the other characters shined, and Harley wasn't the focal point. But in the first movie, she was the focal point and her sexiness played a role in keeping the attention of the audience.

And btw, from what I recall, this isn't DC's fault. Margot Robbie was the one pushing the feminism angle iirc.
She fukked a guy two seconds after meeting him in this movie.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
If you liked the first one better over this one …..I suggest you stop using cocaine before watching movies , I’m kinda salty will not in this movie
I bet Will saw all the shyt going on with Gunn's cringy joke's and thought that might affect his brand working with him. Missed opportunity.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I was gonna ask wtf happened to diablo and killer croc i dont rememver them dying

They did boomerang dirty though

Next one i wanna see will and idris kill some shyt
I'm thinking Jai Courtney said "fukk it, I still get paid right?"
His career not going that well for him to turn this down
Croc and Diablo probably got cut due to the stereotypes, they just avoided that all together