Official The Suicide Squad Thread

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Dope movie.

Idris and Vanetta Wallace provided the much needed balance that the movie needed.

Im left thinking that Gunn wouldve created a great Joker...

Ayer has to be somewhere depressed...Im glad he decided to end the "Ayer cut" movement, he must know his cut wont top this

It wouldn't have. The enemies and goons were silly. This being a hard R helped Gunn a lot. The action and violence makes up for the comedy which is his Hallmark.

The Starro experiment scene was brutal.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Watching The Suicide Squad was the most enjoyment I've had watching a movie all year and is definitely the best CBM of the year hands down.

And for comic book fans like me it was a major treat because it was the closest we are likely to ever get to a live-action issue of the John Ostrander/Kim Yale Suicide Squad of the 1980s which is the seminal version of this team.

Plus Starro was in this! fukking Starro, man!

I also was impressed with the way that this movie didn't have just one or two breakout characters but damn near the entire cast of Squad members were breakout characters. King Shark especially is going to be huge moving forward.

Probably my only criticism of this movies is that, like most live-action interpretations of the character, they got Amanda Waller all wrong. Viola Davis was great as the character being presented to us but its like no one is capable of bringing in any of the nuance of the Waller character in the movies and TV shows she appears in. The only time Waller has been gotten right outside of comics is in the Justice League animated series.

But all in all this movie was great.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I want to see if there will be a difference in how I experience it.
If you decide to see it in theater do yourself a favor, go see it on an imax screen if you got one near you. Whole movie was shot in imax. The scale of many of the scenes.. It really just pops especially in the last 30mins.

I know home theaters are better than ever these days but ain't no home theater in the world fukking with the experience of watching this movie on a proper laser imax.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
So is boomerang

Done in the DCU? I’ve heard that he’s in the Flash movie, and apart of the pending Snyderverse

Daps
Watching The Suicide Squad was the most enjoyment I've had watching a movie all year and is definitely the best CBM of the year hands down.

And for comic book fans like me it was a major treat because it was the closest we are likely to ever get to a live-action issue of the John Ostrander/Kim Yale Suicide Squad of the 1980s which is the seminal version of this team.

Plus Starro was in this! fukking Starro, man!

I also was impressed with the way that this movie didn't have just one or two breakout characters but damn near the entire cast of Squad members were breakout characters. King Shark especially is going to be huge moving forward.

Probably my only criticism of this movies is that, like most live-action interpretations of the character, they got Amanda Waller all wrong. Viola Davis was great as the character being presented to us but its like no one is capable of bringing in any of the nuance of the Waller character in the movies and TV shows she appears in. The only time Waller has been gotten right outside of comics is in the Justice League animated series.

But all in all this movie was great.

Regarding Amanda Waller...

I took it like this. You are absolutely right that they got her all wrong in this... but it was by design.

The reason they got her wrong was because they wanted to make her character fit the tone of THIS movie which is a dark comedy.

So when she comes back in another movie, her character is of course going to be nothing like it was in this one.

This story is being told from the vantage of the Suicide Squad. But when she shows up in a Batman movie, her story will be told from that vantage point.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Regarding Amanda Waller...

I took it like this. You are absolutely right that they got her all wrong in this... but it was by design.

The reason they got her wrong was because they wanted to make her character fit the tone of THIS movie which is a dark comedy.

So when she comes back in another movie, her character is of course going to be nothing like it was in this one.

This story is being told from the vantage of the Suicide Squad. But when she shows up in a Batman movie, her story will be told from that vantage point.
Just like comics:yeshrug:

Daps
ppl saying that king shark wasnt needed in this is crazy...he brought the simple bloodlust fukkery

i no friends :mjcry:..num nums :demonic:

:pachaha:
I'm not all that familiar with King Shark outside of the Flash series. I was expecting him to be like that.

:deadmanny:

But he worked in this one. I dont know what his character is outside of The Flash.

But I wonder how much did Sly Stallone get paid to say "num num" and "friend" in this movie

:deadmanny: