Official The Oscars Thread 2022

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
He made a lite-heaters jab about her movie career…that Will laughed at at first. Comics make jokes. That’s what they’re there for. You’re caping for a black woman that has done nothing, but disrespect her husband for years. This ain’t about “my brother’s keeper”. This is about knowing who you are, reading the room, and handling the biggest night of your life with class. Not some macho BS because your wife didn’t like the joke.

Jada only became a "pro black" "activist" once will was snubbed for an Oscar they felt he deserved for concussion.

It was all fine and dandy otherwise :sas2:

Have either of them spoken out about anything going on in the world the past near decade :sas2:?

No but all of a sudden they are "protectors and defenders" :comeon:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Disagree. Jada 2pac been a thing for 30 years now.

The August entanglement thing I could see but they put it all out there just to hype wills book.

Either way he had nothing to prove to anyone he's been solidified for over 30 years in the industry. "Proved himself" to the wrong crowd

Agree, I hate that it's even a notion, why would an accomplished black family man have to prove himself? This whole bullshyt thing with overt shows of black masculinity really has to stop

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Jada only became a "pro black" "activist" once will was snubbed for an Oscar they felt he deserved for concussion.

It was all fine and dandy otherwise :sas2:

Have either of them spoken out about anything going on in the world the past near decade :sas2:?

No but all of a sudden they are "protectors and defenders" :comeon:

And that was the reason Chris Rock made the joke that year. He was like "Jada talking about she boycotting the Oscars" then took a shot at her career at that point.

But you ever notice most men don't take shots at women...except Ricky Gervais. The rest just attack the men.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Agree, I hate that it's even a notion, why would an accomplished black family man have to prove himself? This whole bullshyt thing with overt shows of black masculinity really has to stop

I don't even think it had anything to do with "Black masculinity". The way it played out I thought it seemed like they had some kinda static behind the scenes we didnt know about and that's where they met up and the shyt played out

But it was a corny PR stunt that came off terribly in my eyes

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
No, Will has been getting clowned for a while now and tonight was just one poke too many and he lashed out.
there's some history there too though

they're trying to link this to how things went down.

jada rolled her eyes like she dont like him, will went out sad tonight (but he still got the W so i guess it's not a complete L)

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
had low expectations coming in but the hosts did a good job and i chuckled at a few jokes. Will Smith had a great speech that was well delivered. i felt that. and he will be remembered for slapping chris but sh*t happens :manny:

Alix217

Superstar
Daps
August Alsina watchin like
2tfsx4.jpg

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
He made a lite-hearted jab about her movie career…that Will laughed at at first. Comics make jokes. That’s what they’re there for. You’re caping for a black woman that has done nothing, but disrespect her husband for years. This ain’t about “my brother’s keeper”. This is about knowing who you are, reading the room, and handling the biggest night of your life with class. Not some macho BS because your wife didn’t like the joke.
PREACH.