Official The Oscars Thread 2022

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Protect Women.

:russ:

All Jada needs to do is come out as Bi & Will needs to say I was trying to protect women & Alphabet gang

:dead:

He did just that "Richard Williams was protecting his family :mjcry: And so I was defending my family :sadbron:"

Before he launched off into a motivational speech. Corny

Richard was defending his family from racists not comedians with dated jokes. Disingenuous by will, it worked though smh

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Will Smith's PR Consulted Him During the Commercial Break After Chris Rock Slap at the Oscars

Will was also seen being comforted by Denzel Washington, Bradley Cooper, and others.

281ca4da-3e06-4994-8c0d-6abe79956de7_1539814210.file

by MEHERA BONNER
MAR 28, 2022

actor-denzel-washington-us-actor-will-smith-and-us-actor-news-photo-1648436215.jpg

ROBYN BECKGETTY IMAGES
Will Smith was seemingly spotted consulting with his PR rep during an Oscars commercial break after what appeared to be an unscripted confrontation involving a slap between him and Chris Rock. Ramin Setoodeh, the executive editor of Variety, tweeted a video of what took place right after the incident, writing, "Will Smith’s publicist came over and talked to him at the last commercial. There was also someone standing next to Jada."

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
The Hollywood Reporter's awards columnist Scott Feinberg also revealed that "during the commercial break, Will Smith is pulled aside and comforted by Denzel Washington and Tyler Perry, who motion for him to brush it off. Will appears to wipe tears from his eyes as he sits back down with Jada, with Denzel comforting Jada and Will’s rep by his side."

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
Bradley Cooper was also spotted talking with Will Smith after the altercation.

bradley-cooper-comforts-will-smith-during-the-show-at-the-news-photo-1648438782.jpg

MYUNG CHUNGETTY IMAGES
The incident between William and Chris occurred after Chris made an inappropriate joke comparing Jada Pinkett Smith to G.I. Jane. Will responded by walking on stage and seemingly slapping Chris, and then telling Chris to "keep my wife's name out of your fukking mouth" repeatedly.

At this point, Will hasn't commented publicly on what happened.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
now this i agree with.

he been a punchline for a minute especially with his wife smashing ole dude

Disagree. Jada 2pac been a thing for 30 years now.

The August entanglement thing I could see but they put it all out there just to hype wills book.

Either way he had nothing to prove to anyone he's been solidified for over 30 years in the industry. "Proved himself" to the wrong crowd

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Naw get that shyt outta here he disrespecting a black woman. A woman who said nothing about him and she cant even defend herself she trying to enjoy the show.

GTFO with that my brothers keeper bullshyt. Chris over the line even making jokes about black women or men if you want to keep it 100. Thats what Will talking about. Stop bringing down the race for your own gain.

:camby:
He made a lite-hearted jab about her movie career…that Will laughed at at first. Comics make jokes. That’s what they’re there for. You’re caping for a black woman that has done nothing, but disrespect her husband for years. This ain’t about “my brother’s keeper”. This is about knowing who you are, reading the room, and handling the biggest night of your life with class. Not some macho BS because your wife didn’t like the joke.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He made a lite-heaters jab about her movie career…that Will laughed at at first. Comics make jokes. That’s what they’re there for. You’re caping for a black woman that has done nothing, but disrespect her husband for years. This ain’t about “my brother’s keeper”. This is about knowing who you are, reading the room, and handling the biggest night of your life with class. Not some macho BS because your wife didn’t like the joke.
Dap and rep

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Not at all. This is a night you worked your ass off for your entire life.

You want to remember your moment a certain way. I don’t wana think about my wife being joked on as I was up for best actor. No way. He handled his business.

Man, if that’s Drew Carey, Seth Rogen or some other white actor/comedian making that same joke Will wouldn’t have done shyt. We’re always celebrating black people doing performance art on other black people. Will played himself.

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
He made a lite-hearted jab about her movie career…that Will laughed at at first. Comics make jokes. That’s what they’re there for. You’re caping for a black woman that has done nothing, but disrespect her husband for years. This ain’t about “my brother’s keeper”. This is about knowing who you are, reading the room, and handling the biggest night of your life with class. Not some macho BS because your wife didn’t like the joke.

No. He made a joke about his wife's auto-immune disease.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Not at all. This is a night you worked your ass off for your entire life.

You want to remember your moment a certain way. I don’t wana think about my wife being joked on as I was up for best actor. No way. He handled his business.
But on the flip side, more people are gonna remember the smack than your prestigious award.

Was it worth it? :francis: