Official The New Edition Story Thread

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
:snoop: brehs, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I never knew this song here was by BBD.

I had only heard it on the radio and always thought it was by Toni Tony Tone or Mint Condition growing up lol. Still one of my favorites though :wow:

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
I've gotten such a new appreciation for New Edition music since I watched this. Also found out so much that I didn't know before. Had no idea they were fighting on stage that's just crazy. The guy playing Ricky Bell was too dark, but all 6 actors chosen for this did a good job.

Some idiot who is a diehard R&B fan on my facebook wrote a stat talking about he's not interested in seeing this New Edition film. Then some idiot commented on his stat saying they had their time its over.

How ignorant do you gotta be???:mindblown:

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
Btw for everybody saying that only the black groups got raped for all they money are wrong. Lou Pearlman the manager who founded backstreet boys, nysync, lfo got sued by all them groups because them dudes were not getting a check either. Backstreet boys members only earned $300,000 a piece the whole time they were together. Lou Pearlman - Wikipedia

:gucci: :mindblown: Them dudes were going plat like day 1 in the late 90's early 2000's. The music biz is disgusting.:scust:

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
bout to download their music or find a good service and listen to some playlists.
that new joint they got with Johnny is a bop.

only watched the whole thing once, been itching to watch it again ever since :wow:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
One of those videos y'all posted has Johnny Gill talmbout why he really fell out with them after "Home Again"....basically, since the rest of them were broke he had to pay for most of it (the lawsuit) which made him extra bitter.... especially since, as he said, he was the only one who showed up to every single show. So for them to get sued for canceling the tour and he shows up for every show but gets left holding the bag....yeah I'da been pissed at them too.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
I've gotten such a new appreciation for New Edition music since I watched this. Also found out so much that I didn't know before. Had no idea they were fighting on stage that's just crazy. The guy playing Ricky Bell was too dark, but all 6 actors chosen for this did a good job.

Some idiot who is a diehard R&B fan on my facebook wrote a stat talking about he's not interested in seeing this New Edition film. Then some idiot commented on his stat saying they had their time its over.

How ignorant do you gotta be???:mindblown:
I'll try and find it, but I watched a recent interview with BBD and they said that they made their music with the performance aspect in mind. That's why they've lasted so long is because their catalog allows them to keep touring and performing which keeps them relevant. Most artists today are making songs that sound good in the club but don't lend themselves to a great performance. Hence why most of these songs expire after a year and no one feels like listening to them again.

EDIT:

At 2:30. The whole interview is worth watching though.

Last edited: