Official The New Edition Story Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is the best biopic I've seen since the Temptations. I did think they kinda zoomed past the latter 2 decades of their career but still excellently done. Luke James killed it as Johnny Gill. Actually overall the acting was excellent.

Yup.

The Jacksons, The Tempations, and now This. :wow:

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Any details from what you saw on the tour at any time? :feedme:
where do i start, they were late in getting on stage in almost every city, bobby was always arguing with the promoter about getting more time on stage, groupies running around backstage like it their house. the group entourage was more the audience they perform for lol it was a wild tour.

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
Amazing miniseries. Definitely at the level of the Temptations and The Jacksons in terms of quality. Been finding myself rewatching clips from the video and the actual music videos from NE. (Ayo, Johnny was skruggling with them steps in "NE Heartbreak").

I can't decide which was my most favorite scene, still battling with "Can't Stand the Rain" and "You're Not My Kind of Girl".
The lights, the white outfits contrasting their gorgeous skin tones, sharp steps, Luke James's fine ass with the piff singing :wow:

but then again this clip alone sealed the deal for making this series such a top notch production :wow:

Definitely one to watch over and over again, with friends and family at functions. :clap:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
i disagree....i saw them last year, and the rest can still sing....johnny has gained a lot of weight, but he still got the vocals..he tries to pull off a fake luther v style now....even sung a luthor song lol....ralph still got the vocals too....only one that wasnt there was bobby, but it was cool cause babyface was part of the show...so not only did i get his discography, he did all of the songs he wrote for 'dont be cruel' lol.....

i do agree about 1 thing though: bbd does have the whole package still, including all the dancing....their show is def worth seeing anytime you can see them....hell, i saw them 3 times last year lol....
Same experience I had. Saw them in Charlotte and they put on a damn good show and I had no problem with the vocals at all. Nobody stood out as having fell off vocally.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps

Another thing I noticed.

How they got wall mounted HD flat screens in 1996 :mjlol:

That was the only thing that irked me. Flat screens. The new looking cars in some scenes. Mike wearing skinny jeans in the 80s. Ricky's house looking like it was built in 2016. You can tell towards the end they got a little lazy with the setting and continuity.