Official The New Edition Story Thread

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Btw for everybody saying that only the black groups got raped for all they money are wrong. Lou Pearlman the manager who founded backstreet boys, nysync, lfo got sued by all them groups because them dudes were not getting a check either. Backstreet boys members only earned $300,000 a piece the whole time they were together. Lou Pearlman - Wikipedia

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just a nitpicking question because I think this was awesome. Could they have kept the younger kids on longer or possibly the whole first episode? Those early scenes with the older cast were funny to me because it was a bunch of 20 somethings trying to sound like 15 year olds.

It wouldn't have made sense after the 1st album tho... by the second album, none of them looked like kids anymore. The kids who played NE wouldn't have fit.

On another note, I don't really see the comparison with this and Straight Outta Compton, lol... to be fair, SOC was a movie that only had 2 1/2 hrs. to cover 10 years. Sure, there was some stuff left out but that's to be expected with any biopic.

R.B.J1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I remember watching the Unsung episode on the O'Jays, Eddie Levert said it was funny how the guys in r&b singing groups, who cant sing always want to be the leader. Otis Williams of the temptations can barely sing and was the leader of the temps, Mike Bivins cant sing at all and he forced himself to be the leader of NE. Eddie said Bob Massey wanted to be the leader of the Ojays and he couldn't sing. Mike Bivins and Otis Williams are basically the same person.

a murda

I love my wife brehs
Daps
Reppin
Reppin Chi-City Southside
I remember watching the Unsung episode on the O'Jays, Eddie Levert said it was funny how the guys in r&b singing groups, who cant sing always want to be the leader. Otis Williams of the temptations can barely sing and was the leader of the temps, Mike Bivins cant sing at all and he forced himself to be the leader of NE. Eddie said Bob Massey wanted to be the leader of the Ojays and he couldn't sing. Mike Bivins and Otis Williams are basically the same person.

Except Mike ain't no killer :sas2:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
damn this shyt got me too listen to bobby don't be cruel album in its entirety. man la/babyface gave breh some straight heat......bobby so underrated. breh influenced so many nikkas like rkelly, usher, chris brown and so on........:wow:

the movie is great...u can tell the new edition members worked along with it.