Official The New Edition Story Thread

Giselle

Daps
Proud of BET. I didn't know they could make something of this quality.

A Destiny's Child biopic would have to be a miniseries as well. Remember they started out in 1990 as Girls Tyme. They don't need to wait til Beyonce retires. DC wasn't that scandalous.
The thing is, they did have dirt, but they would never show it like NE did in theirs bc DC and especially beyonce cares too much about having a perfect image. It would be pretty boring if they did one. But maybe after she retires, she'd be more open to sharing more. Rn, she wouldn't do it bc she is still focusing on her solo career.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Ronnie Devoe straight skated by cause he was quick learning the choreography...

If Mike wasn't such a good business man he was on the same shyt..

these nikkas just was doing talking interludes during classic songs...:mjlol:
To be fair...

Would the songs have been classics without the ad libs though:yeshrug:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Jodeci >> BIIM in the black community...well the black community that was 25/30 and under during their runs. No one would argue that BIIM wasnt the bigger act, they had a broader audience with white folks and people my parent's age who saw them as a continuation of the soul groups they grew up with. My parents weren't listening to no damn jodeci, but they and my aunt owned them BIIM albums. Kids also had BIIM albums, but you'd be hard pressed to find a parent buying jodeci for their 8 year old daughter.

You can't take pure sales when it comes to measuring love and impact on the black community. Toni Braxton was a huge star in the 90's but you wouldn't look twice at someone saying MJB matters more/has more love in the black community specifically (tho both, like both groups have a big black fanbase)
I never got that impression I felt like they were both liked equally. But maybe in your circle it was like that but not mine

• Dap
Reactions: flo
Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
The thing is, they did have dirt, but they would never show it like NE did in theirs bc DC and especially beyonce cares too much about having a perfect image. It would be pretty boring if they did one. But maybe after she retires, she'd be more open to sharing more. Rn, she wouldn't do it bc she is still focusing on her solo career.
We probably won't get a DC biopic for at least another decade. Beyonce's become a global icon at this point. I doubt she's ready to let some old dirt come to the surface just yet. But it would definitely be an amazing story to tell.

these non-singing ass nikkas of my generation must feel that shame in they soul
what you put in is what you get out this series is a reminder
real showtime shyte

Man, I've been listening to NE music all week non-stop and it just exposes how far the R&B genre has fallen off. There's some talented indie singers and folks in the adult contemporary side. But in terms of the mainstream, a lot of these cats lack the overall presentation and ability to make music that'll last two decades later.

The one exception is Bruno Mars. 24K Magic has that BBD/Bobby Brown vibe. You can tell that boy been influenced by New Edition :wow:

Daps
We probably won't get a DC biopic for at least another decade. Beyonce's become a global icon at this point. I doubt she's ready to let some old dirt come to the surface just yet. But it would definitely be an amazing story to tell.

Man, I've been listening to NE music all week non-stop and it just exposes how far the R&B genre has fallen off. There's some talented indie singers and folks in the adult contemporary side. But in terms of the mainstream, a lot of these cats lack the overall presentation and ability to make music that'll last two decades later.

The one exception is Bruno Mars. 24K Magic has that BBD/Bobby Brown vibe. You can tell that boy been influenced by New Edition :wow:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
lol...yeah nikka.... Mike was like.... "let's get wet" on Can You Stand The Rain.... totally unnecessary...

but they redeemed them self with BBD so fukk it...

BBD would be totally hated by the coli collective if you can transplant stuff into eras.