Official The New Edition Story Thread

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Which version do y'all prefer?

NE HeartBreak (Video/Album)
Crucial (Video/Single/Album)
You're Not My Kind of Girl (Video/Album)

anybody else go to their barbershop and hear nothing but new edition and other 80's music playing?...

...It's happening :blessed:

I went to a soul food restaurant and they were playing New Edition records :wow:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jodeci >> BIIM in the black community...well the black community that was 25/30 and under during their runs. No one would argue that BIIM wasnt the bigger act, they had a broader audience with white folks and people my parent's age who saw them as a continuation of the soul groups they grew up with. My parents weren't listening to no damn jodeci, but they and my aunt owned them BIIM albums. Kids also had BIIM albums, but you'd be hard pressed to find a parent buying jodeci for their 8 year old daughter.

You can't take pure sales when it comes to measuring love and impact on the black community. Toni Braxton was a huge star in the 90's but you wouldn't look twice at someone saying MJB matters more/has more love in the black community specifically (tho both, like both groups have a big black fanbase)
In the BC I would say they were about equal. :yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Anyone have video footage from the Heart Break Tour? All I can find is this short clip.

I love that questions like this exist for stuff like pre 95. We document everything these days - too much - nothing will ever be a mystery or fun to uncover, it's all on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or the 5000 pics/vids on your phone