Official The New Edition Story Thread

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just finished all 3 parts... Huge fan, I loved this.

Go to alluc.org and search new edition story. I'm on mobile so idk how it's gna hold up on pc.

I wish I could chime in on these ne/bb debates but the truth is I never knew how big b brown was until like 98/99 when I watched some rerun show play my prerogative video and was like  the performance, the song, the energy.

Been a fan since

BlackSexyllence

Yeah No
Daps
I just finished all 3 parts... Huge fan, I loved this.

Go to alluc.org and search new edition story. I'm on mobile so idk how it's gna hold up on pc.

I wish I could chime in on these ne/bb debates but the truth is I never knew how big b brown was until like 98/99 when I watched some rerun show play my prerogative video and was like  the performance, the song, the energy.

Been a fan since
:salute:

Dapped and repped accordingly

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Kinda foul they kicked Bobby out the group after Bobby kept Mike in but, I get it :manny:

Managers put the pressure on them... if it went down like depicted in the movie... some kids who've never had anything get told their careers will be over and they gonna end up back where they started if they don't vote him out... probably made them feel forced to make that decision. They didn't want Bob out, management wanted him out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

339rthc.jpg

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way I remember it was NE's album was really anticipated more than Bobby. Don't Be Cruel and If It Isn't Love kind of climbed together with DBC reaching #1 and If it isn't Love reaching #2. But after that, the rest of the NE singles did well, but Bobby's were consistently top 5 crossover hits.

And that's end this Jodeci/BIIM myth right here. Before I started reading this board I had never heard of Jodeci being more popular than BIIM, but I've read it here several times. I liked Jodeci's music more outside of a few songs, but I always though of BIIM as being more popular. Jodeci as a group sold about 6 million records total. Boyz II Men sold about 11 million on their first album and about 18 million on their second. Both had a few #1 R&B hits, while Boyz II Men had 4 #1s on the pop charts as well.

This is ALL FACTS. Bobby Brown was looked as a has-been and more people in '88 was interested in the New Edition comeback. If it isn't Love was THE SUMMER anthem that year! It was when Bobby release My Prerogative that end of that year was when he started to explode and he was the biggest artist of any genre that following year in '89. And BoyzIIMen was very MUCH the more popular group over Jodeci. "End of the Road" and Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" were literally the biggest singles ever in HISTORY. BoyzIIMen is the sole reason why Mike Bivens is worth 40 million to this day!