Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
This shyt was so trash lol

Buddy killed his old boy but why? Bout that p*ssy? Or because his old boy was putting his foot off in that ass as a jit? Maybe both lol

Simped out killed a side bytch bout some side dikk smfh
It was little A and B but it was his Stepfather who would beat on his mom but we never see his mom I don’t think so she probably dead. The man also said he always marries whores so he’s been married multiple times. I wouldn’t be surprised if he became his stepfather as a way of street politics because a lot of those people were family by marriage then blood. But man also just fell in love with her at first sight

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Woke up at 4am, couldn’t go back to sleep so decided to watch.:…thought it was dope…think I missed some of the stuff going on with Tony’s mom though..:what’d she do?

and what was the shyt they found in dikkie’s jacket, like some precursor to Percocet or something? Junior used that to write him off as a complete fukk Up junkie?

It was some kind of mood thing that Tony begged him to get for his mom but then shyt happened and they weren’t able to link so I think the end is after he did what he had to do he most likely would’ve done that but since he didn’t it looked suspect.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Italians are Romans so we can forgive them for going from uncle to nephew more than father to son like Caesar to Augustus

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
This movie is so trash and slow paced. Even ignoring the pace, the story and chracters are trash. Its like they just made this shyt based off of Sopranos name. Not even close to touching the TV show.

If u reading this and have yet to see it, DONT.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It only felt loosely related to the show and just before I watched the end got spoiled for me but I also considered watching the whole show again from the start. On one hand it’s always so easy to watch a mafia movie what can I say but it felt kinda like a let down but wow Tony was fukked. I will say guy that played Junior is typecast as evil guy so when you got guys like that the plot goes how it goes when you see more of them as it goes.

But the little bits when things connected was like when you take a bite of pasta and get a whole clove of roasted garlic.

I probably won’t rewatch it for a long time but this is the most recent example of how the hold of nostalgia got us getting stuff that if it isn’t what it was but can be close can get greenlit but I feel like this and even the breaking bad movie could’ve started from a bigger place because in my mind even though they came from “prestige television” cinema is naturally bigger. Most of the movie was done then they hit the time jump but that whole era kinda was a golden era so it could’ve been bigger. Some things could’ve sat longer.

I ain’t a p*ssy I don’t got a problem with movies over three hours. If it was longer with somethings sitting a bit then this would’ve been chef’s kiss.
Apparently David chase was mad HBO promoted as a Tony origin story. He wanted to make a movie about the Newark riots but HBO want going so he gave it a sopranos backdrop.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was some kind of mood thing that Tony begged him to get for his mom but then shyt happened and they weren’t able to link so I think the end is after he did what he had to do he most likely would’ve done that but since he didn’t it looked suspect.
Apparently it was a first generation anti depressant

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I appreciated the little callbacks to the show but they could've kept this one. :francis:

I guess that answers that question but it wasn't worth 2 mediocre hours.

And what happened to Harold and what....whatever. :unimpressed:

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It only felt loosely related to the show and just before I watched the end got spoiled for me but I also considered watching the whole show again from the start. On one hand it’s always so easy to watch a mafia movie what can I say but it felt kinda like a let down but wow Tony was fukked. I will say guy that played Junior is typecast as evil guy so when you got guys like that the plot goes how it goes when you see more of them as it goes.

But the little bits when things connected was like when you take a bite of pasta and get a whole clove of roasted garlic.

I probably won’t rewatch it for a long time but this is the most recent example of how the hold of nostalgia got us getting stuff that if it isn’t what it was but can be close can get greenlit but I feel like this and even the breaking bad movie could’ve started from a bigger place because in my mind even though they came from “prestige television” cinema is naturally bigger. Most of the movie was done then they hit the time jump but that whole era kinda was a golden era so it could’ve been bigger. Some things could’ve sat longer.

I ain’t a p*ssy I don’t got a problem with movies over three hours. If it was longer with somethings sitting a bit then this would’ve been chef’s kiss.

I agree, I would have loved if the movie was longer. In a recent interview Chase stated he'd rather have viewers wanting more than checking their watches cause the film was too long. Who knows, maybe studio execs felt today's social media generation didn't have the capacity to sit through a 3 plus hour film.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I agree, I would have loved if the movie was longer. In a recent interview Chase stated he'd rather have viewers wanting more than checking their watches cause the film was too long. Who knows, maybe studio execs felt today's social media generation didn't have the capacity to sit through a 3 plus hour film.

He was being a fukking idiot then especially considering long films been coming back. I saw Once Upon a time in Hollywood twice in the theater if a movie is great or very good you wont get complaints especially when it’s something we wanted. I would’ve rather the longer movie even add more back ground and more in the aftermath because it takes place 32 years before the show. It feels like a missed opportunity it’s something I’ve been thinking about a lot because when I was younger Harry Potter was big so of course there was a lot of people writing their own stories in that world but they were trash once JK said that play was cannon it gave power to those people who made trash back in the day because the play was trash too so if garbage is acceptable then it’s easier to do add ons later of garbage it’s a miracle that we don’t have a Godfather 4 or Godfather mini series reboot thing and I’m glad the Scarface reboot keeps getting pushed back.

It’s easy to flow into a mob movie and we wanted to flow into the Sopranos world again it was amazing that the son could act like his father to me it has to be genetic because he claims he never watched the show but still so much more was needed even halfway through before the jump I could’ve sat through another two and half hours.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He was being a fukking idiot then especially considering long films been coming back. I saw Once Upon a time in Hollywood twice in the theater if a movie is great or very good you wont get complaints especially when it’s something we wanted. I would’ve rather the longer movie even add more back ground and more in the aftermath because it takes place 32 years before the show. It feels like a missed opportunity it’s something I’ve been thinking about a lot because when I was younger Harry Potter was big so of course there was a lot of people writing their own stories in that world but they were trash once JK said that play was cannon it gave power to those people who made trash back in the day because the play was trash too so if garbage is acceptable then it’s easier to do add ons later of garbage it’s a miracle that we don’t have a Godfather 4 or Godfather mini series reboot thing and I’m glad the Scarface reboot keeps getting pushed back.

It’s easy to flow into a mob movie and we wanted to flow into the Sopranos world again it was amazing that the son could act like his father to me it has to be genetic because he claims he never watched the show but still so much more was needed even halfway through before the jump I could’ve sat through another two and half hours.

I easily could have sat another 2 hours.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Apparently David chase was mad HBO promoted as a Tony origin story. He wanted to make a movie about the Newark riots but HBO want going so he gave it a sopranos backdrop.

Wow I mean Wikipedia said it cost 50 million to make and the rule of Hollywood accounting is double what they say.

100 Million we needed more fukkery

If HBO gave me 100 Million to make a Sopranos movie I’m making the most wild story with big explosions, people’s heads just blowing up, more titties, and more food you gotta have an Italian making something and having that sweat dripping in it’s very important.