Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tony mentioned dikkie lots of times in the show. So it makes sense he's a major focus. But I think Tony's story may be the c storyline.

My understanding, this movie is mostly about dikkie and the rising tensions on the streets between blacks and Italians leading up to the Newark riots.

dikkie Moltisanti was Carmela’s cousin, so their parents (Carmela’s father & dikkie’s mother) were siblings. So Christopher is technically Carmela’s second cousin

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Many Saints translates to Moltisanti in Italian so yea the movie is most likely centered around dikkie

shyt looks dope!! I worked on this movie back in the summer of 2019. One day I'm at lunch eating with the whole crew there and I saw James son eating at a table with the younger versions of big p*ssy,sylvio, and Paulie. As a sopranos fan that was dope as fukk, I got to see a lot of dope shyt throughout the job but I had no idea where they was going with the story .I only saw certain things from a distance but nothing to write home about.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Tony mentioned dikkie lots of times in the show. So it makes sense he's a major focus. But I think Tony's story may be the c storyline.

My understanding, this movie is mostly about dikkie and the rising tensions on the streets between blacks and Italians leading up to the Newark riots.

Yeah it looks like two prequels happening at the same time. The Adults with dikkie, Johnny Boy and Livia. Then have Tony linking up with Paulie, Slivio when they were all young. That's why I think this might work because it's a movie and not a series. If it was a prequel series....I think that would be too much pressure. Focusing on dikkie and Johnny along with the Mob Drama while showing Tony getting in a game is a pretty good idea. Not to mention the racial element with the Newark Riots. I think David wouldn't of done this if he didn't think it would bring more context to Tony's whole story. It's been 14 years since the "Made in America" Finale. As for James real Son playing him. Look the kid looks just like his dad. I don't know if he's a good actor or not but I was sold by that trailer. He's a young Tony in this too so I'm not expecting the performance to be on the level of his Father.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Many Saints translates to Moltisanti in Italian so yea the movie is most likely centered around dikkie

shyt looks dope!! I worked on this movie back in the summer of 2019. One day I'm at lunch eating with the whole crew there and I saw James son eating at a table with the younger versions of big p*ssy,sylvio, and Paulie. As a sopranos fan that was dope as fukk, I got to see a lot of dope shyt throughout the job but I had no idea where they was going with the story .I only saw certain things from a distance but nothing to write home about.

What do you do?

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
James' boy has the look and mannerisms down so well that all he really has to do is show up and his role is a success.

Excited to see Chase get another opportunity to put that universe on film, I'm confident he'll hit a home run just like Gilligan and all the Breaking Bad creators with El Camino & Better Call Saul.