Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'm assuming Ray Liotta play a boss, DiMeo aka "Old Man"?

I think there is a mob war involved if you read the breakdown. But yes it's clear that there's this Tony and dikkie dynamic. Plus everyone else is there from Tony's family including Uncle Junior, His Mom and Dad. Also if you think about the last shot in the Finale "Made in America". You can flashback to Tony as a Teen. It works perfect to do a prequel. Look at the synopsis. This joint sounds hard:

Young Anthony Soprano is growing up in one of the most tumultuous eras in Newark’s history, becoming a man just as rival gangsters begin to rise up and challenge the all-powerful DiMeo crime family’s hold over the increasingly race-torn city. Caught up in the changing times is the uncle he idolizes, dikkie Moltisanti, who struggles to manage both his professional and personal responsibilities—and whose influence over his nephew will help make the impressionable teenager into the all-powerful mob boss we’ll later come to know: Tony Soprano.

— Warner Bros. Pictures

Daps
Reppin
Chi
the jackeeeeet! Remember the jacket I took from rocko dimeo??? Cocksucker had the tuffesst reputation from here to Essex county but he was nuttin when I got truw wit em!:smugdraper: U and my kid brudder would uh killed for this jacket

Would be a damn shame if we don't get a 'the jackeeeeet' origins scene :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
James' boy has the look and mannerisms down so well that all he really has to do is show up and his role is a success.

Excited to see Chase get another opportunity to put that universe on film, I'm confident he'll hit a home run just like Gilligan and all the Breaking Bad creators with El Camino & Better Call Saul.

In the trailer when the son says "What'd'ya say da'me?!" sounded exactly how James Gandolfini read the lines in the series. I can tell the son did his homework picking up on those nuances. I'm hoping he can get the Tony Soprano rage-fits down and the way James Gandolfini would stare through his eye brows with that menacing look.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
No on talking sopranos they said he’s playing dikkies father

Interesting b/c in the trailer he says "as far as your nephew goes..." if he was dikkie's father wouldn't that make him tony's great uncle, meaning it would be "our nephew" but maybe not since I think tony is related to the Moltisanti's through Blundetto's or some shyt and isn't an actual nephew. It also looked like that scene was in jail visitation with Ray Liotta wearing prison blues and I know DeMeo was locked up in the series. He was also at the head of the table at Satriale's fwiw...

Either way I'm hype af...

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the jackeeeeet! Remember the jacket I took from rocko dimeo??? Cocksucker had the tuffesst reputation from here to Essex county but he was nuttin when I got truw wit em!:smugdraper: U and my kid brudder would uh killed for this jacket

I remember that scene :russ:

Tony gave it away to Maid's husband and Richie got his heart broken.

:mjlol:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
shyt could be a classic, stupid HBOMAX pushed the dates back on all their movies smh
Cry macho is coming out earlier, late September, you'll still get space jam, suicide squad, and reminiscence before that.

Malignant - Sept 10
Cry macho - Sept 17
October 1 - many saints
October 22 - Dune
November - King Richard
Matrix 4 - Xmas day