Official The Mandalorian Thread

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
1st one introduced the plot/baby yoda... 2nd one showed he had the force/explained why they were chasing him.. 3rd one showed why Mando is on the run/why he took the baby

Since then it's been random mishaps and missions. Random enemies and friends. They may pop up again, they may not. But there's always a looming big bad. I'm guessing as this goes on, you're going to not only get more episodes a season, but a greater ratio of randoms to big plot movers. \This is the type of show they want to do. The showrunner has said it in plain English. Everything about this is a throwback. Even the way is kinda campy.. But the keep it gully in their own way.. It's silly toy selling nonsense.. But they make you love him anyway. There's a reason it's booming with kids and adults.. Just like OG Star Wars..

It's Friday, TGIF, you don't need to remember some deep plot from a week ago. Turn it on with the family for 30-45 mins and go about the night. Or watch it Saturday morning. In and out. Monster of the week type shyt
Too many are missing this exact point. People have gotten so wrapped up in these serialized shows that they feel that's all anything can be. And don't get me wrong, there are some great shots out there, but there's room for others.

Me and my wife watch this every week, and my 8 year old son has been wanting to, but he always ends up finding something else to do around the time that we end up watching and forgets. Well last Saturday we qued it up and he plopped on the couch with us and was fully immersed in the show. My 5 year old daughter saw what was going on and wanted to in on it too. Next thing I know the 4 of us are snuggled up on the couch wrapped in a blanket enjoying the show. And the cool thing was I didn't really have to explain shyt to them. It's pickup and play TV with a cool adventure every week. It's the same kind of adventure shows I grew up watching as a kid in the 80's, and my parents before me with shyt like "The Cisco Kid". There's a huge void for programming like that these days, just fun TV that the whole family can enjoy on some "tune in next week to see what dangers our adventurer and his companion have to face," type shyt. I guess Favreau recognized that and it speaks to why this has such a wide appeal.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Literally most of the things/plot points that happen in SW are side missions/adventures

Luke, Han, Obi Wan and Chewie first going to the death star was like a side mission

Luke going off to Dagobah

Han and Leia going to Besoin

Rescuing Han from Janna

A lot of major things that happened in Star Wars are basically side stories in comparison to the "need to stop the Empire" main storyline

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Literally most of the things/plot points that happen in SW are side missions/adventures

Luke, Han, Obi Wan and Chewie first going to the death star was like a side mission

Rescuing Han from Janna

A lot of major things that happened in Star Wars are basically side stories in comparison to the "need to stop the Empire" main storyline
I compare starwars to kungfu the legend continues tv show from back in the day. It's not about some overaching narrative like avengers, it's there. but it's more about the characters personal journey.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
I compare starwars to kungfu the legend continues tv show from back in the day. It's not about some overaching narrative like avengers, it's there. but it's more about the characters personal journey.
Facts! That's literally what this show is about! It's about Mandos ups and downs and transgressions dealing with morality as a Mandalorian/Bounty Hunter in a post Empire world. It was never about him being a superhero

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps

Rescuing Han from Janna

A side story in unrelated to the main plot. That is more convenient story telling than anything.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
can somebody leak episode 8 please god damn!
cliffhanger.jpg