Official THE LITTLE THINGS Thread

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Denzel had a good run brehs

He has MacBeth coming later this year. He's had plenty of bad movies in his career. He'll be fine.

I read somewhere the Little Things script has floating around Hollywood since 1990. My anticipation for this immediately flipped when I read that.

Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Honestly... When I saw that short run time and it taking 30 minutes to really get the plot moving... There wasn't enough time or good enough writing to bring it home.

Sadly... This film should of been so much better with much deeper attention to detail and really simmering its message and let it boil to the surface.

This is what would happen if they try to squeeze Seven down to an hour and a half. Where the Little thing only felt like an hour movie.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Watched the whole second half of this movie like

kgface.gif

Denzel character in this movie is low key one of the biggest pieces of shyt characters in cinema in the last decade :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I was extremely excited based on the cast but.....the NPR review today was especially mediocre. It wasn't that they said it was bad, but basically that it was written in the 1990s and would have been better if it had came out then. Now it just sort of feels stale and cliche-ish and already done.

He'll always be Elliot to me.

Throws me off that he's repeatedly cast as explicitly White guys whose characters don't actually "need" to be white. I wonder what that's about.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It was ok. That's it. Bottom line Warner Brothers 0/2.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Slow start to the year for HBOMax (that coronavirus movie with Chiwetel and Anne Hathaway was trash too) but they’re about to hit a home run with Judas and the Black Messiah. That’s the other movie I saw an early screening of and without getting into spoilers, it more than lives up to the hype.
I knew Lakeith and Daniel wouldn't let me down :banderas:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
It was okay. Leto is really good at playing a weirdo. Maybe because he is one? The script needed to be wayyyyyyy tighter. There’s just not enough for you to sink your teeth into as a viewer to say, “I loved this __” or even a memorable part/scene. There are some scenes with good tension like the car ride to the ranch and the digging scene, though.

Ultimately, I think the movie is trying to say something about obsession in a boorish way. What do we do when our gut instinct is wrong? Do we just let it go or do we become more obsessive, and shoehorn everything into that obsession? There’s probably no real connection between Jimmy’s cases and Deke’s from years ago, but in Deke’s mind there is - and that’s all it takes for him to start back down the rabbit hole - and to make it Jimmy’s obsession. You can get caught up in another person’s obsession and before long the shyt is yours too.

Anyways, 6/10.

Daps
Glad I didn’t read this thread before watching.... I think this is a solid movie. Would def recommend the watch. :manny:

Surprised to see so many posts confused by what happened, what exactly are y’all confused about? shyt wasn’t complicated at all. Cops truly are pieces of shyt (well people are, but cops have the power act on their POS tendencies)

I do wish they didn’t show Denzel burn the barrettes...should have let the audience deduce that. I deduced it before he threw it on the fire