Official THE LITTLE THINGS Thread

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
the parents of the missing jogger said their daughter always wears a red barrette when she jogs.

Mr Robot asked Denzel if he found a red barrette in Letos apartment, Denzel said he didn’t, but could if he had more time.

Denzel sent Mr Robot that barrette at the end to ease his conscience so that Mr Robot could believe he got the right guy and move on.

Showing Denzel burn the other unused barrettes let the audience know Denzel bought it and didn’t find it in Leto’s apartment. I thought that cheapened things, and the audience should’ve been able to deduce that.
These pigs really ain’t shyt. :wow:
I found all that shyt obvious....except why did they TEASE us by having us think Denzel found it when he was packing up Leto's apt in those garbage bags? He looks down in the hiding space like he found something....then the scene shifts. It's like the tease that WASN'T, shyt was beyond pointless.

The PROBLEM is that there was no resolution....of ANYTHING.

Even the girl getting chased at the beginning....FOR WHAT? Ultimately, she didn't even MATTER. It was all so fukkin pointless.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I found all that shyt obvious....except why did they TEASE us by having us think Denzel found it when he was packing up Leto's apt in those garbage bags? He looks down in the hiding space like he found something....then the scene shifts. It's like the tease that WASN'T, shyt was beyond pointless.

Even the girl getting chased at the beginning....FOR WHAT? Ultimately, she didn't even MATTER. It was all so fukkin pointless.

I think that was the point. Which they heavily implied throughout the futility of it all.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

That’s the problem with the trailer/marketing. The trailer makes you think the movie is about catching a killer and it’s not per se, the movie is about an obsession with a killer to clear a conscience, not for justice. If Rami were the protagonist, it would have been about catching a killer for justice, but Denzels character needs his guy for personal reasons. It doesn’t have to be “the guy”, it just needs to be a guy believable enough to satisfy his conscience. The girl at the beginning seemed important but eventually Denzel realizes there isn’t enough to get anyone. I think it just showed that there was a killer and it wasn’t Denzel.

Daps

Someone else astutely pointed it out earlier in the thread, but the main focus of the flick wasn’t really the murder case; it was the conscience of the cops. And we did get resolution there.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What? The ending was basically the same as Seven except...

...the detectives hid the murder in this one :dahell:

Here are the SEVERAL MAJOR differences:

1. Joe Doe in Se7en WAS UNDENIABLY the killer and he got away with it. Even his death was part of his plan. Whereas, Leto's character, Sparma, is unknown that he's a killer or an innocent man. It is purposely ambiguous. Also his death was accidental manslaughter.

2. The detectives' motives in Se7en is one who is a senior on the verge of retirement and felt no desire to continue being a detective, the other was a young detective who's behavior isn't as mature or professional by comparison and it was his uncontrolled emotion that done him in due to it being the nature of his personality to begin with. In The Little Things, you had a successful name brand detective who's principled, in control, but has a huge ego that wouldn't allow a case to be let go because he want to maintain his rep. Then there's the older former detective who once used to be like the younger detective, and see what and how this would lead into who he now has become. Both of these detectives are lead with obsession and it is the obsession of solving the case that done them in emotionally. The younger detective eventually lost his control which caused the accidental manslaughter of Sparma. Deacon, Denzel's character, understood what Baxter, Rami's character, was going through because something similar happened to Denzel where he accidentally killed someone and had it covered up.

3. Se7en had a theme of the 7 deadly sins and the point of John Doe completing it. The Little Things is about everything on a surface level is pointless. The killings are loosely connected and it is implied that Deacon wanted to pin these killings on Sparma to find a resolution to his own guilt. But no one truly knows who is the true killer if it is or isn't Sparma. It is more about the detectives wanting it to be Sparma and willing to go through lengths to make it so. Se7en is cut and dry

Like I said, this is more like True Detective, because in True Detective it were cases set in the decades in the past and more revolves around the mental and emotional stability of the detectives as they try to find a serial killer.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
What’s wrong with this pic, I don’t get it.
I just watched the movie, it was alright at best. Kept me entertained for the most part. Won’t be rewatching and glad I didn’t go to the theaters for it.
if you're making a big movie with Denzel, and it's called "The Little Things" the least you can do is not have a 1943 B-Roll green screen effect in your movie. nothing "little" about that... in fairness i missed this when i watched...

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Things in this movie I didn’t quite buy:

1. Why were the other cops so easily coerced into covering up a murder? Especially the autopsy lady. Families can always order an independent autopsy. Seems far more risky than admitting he killed her by mistake.

2. Couldn’t understand why Ramj’s character was so smitten with Denzel in the first place.

3. Rami getting in the car with Jared Leto makes no sense to me. Nor does him digging all those holes with his back to him. They did that just to create tension but it wasn’t believable

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Click the photo

if you're making a big movie with Denzel, and it's called "The Little Things" the least you can do is not have a 1943 B-Roll green screen effect in your movie. nothing "little" about that... in fairness i missed this when i watched...

To be fair if you’re looking at this on the brave browser on mobile all you see is a still image. Clicking on it just sent me to the homepage of the Imgur app. I had to type in the username of the uploader to see the gif, which makes it blatantly obvious what’s wrong. Because at first I was looking at the picture like Where’s Waldo trying to see wtf y’all were talking about.

Last edited: