Official THE LITTLE THINGS Thread

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Listening comprehension.

It's the little things that get you caught...

That right there's a context clue :manny: It always bothered me that they put it in the trailer too, that's a critical bit of info in the movie. You have to wonder just how much they think the viewers aren't paying attention, that they can just float that out there like it's no problem.

Daps
It's kind of both that and film trying to overcompensate for its lack of excitement and tension. The mile marker scene was just too bullish, but it was more about superficial excitement and tension. The disappearing/reappearing gag was also a bit silly. The dig scene was just too elaborate. Yet, I think it was mostly the film overcompensating itself for being pretty dry outside of those few key moments.

Agreed on the mile market scene.

I must have missed something with respect to the dig scene...what was so elaborate about that? He was just trolling Mr Robot and making him dig holes. When he thought he dug enough he reiterated his innocence.

What was the disappearing/reappearing gag?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I didn't know the film was legit unaltered from the 90s:ohhh:Yea....they should've updated it somewhat:jbhmm:
Rami Malek never "looked" like a guy from 1992 or whatever it was, and the chick was straight jogging in lululemon yoga pants. they showed shyt like that, then cut to Denzel at a payphone and i kept thinking, "wait when is this again?"

Daps
Not as sold on Letos innocence as you.

2. things

1. the car that was stalking the girl in the very beginning of the movie was a muscle car similar to Letos right?

2. why would a guy like that randomly have some property in the middle of nowhere, he had the key to the gate lock and everything

I’m not saying these are hard evidence that can’t be explained away but It’s enough to have me unsure

1. the movie is set in the 70s (I think; I don’t think they confirm a year, but it’s clear it’s set in the past). Having a muscles isn’t some unique thing. And the fact that we see the car at the beginning and the car that follows the jogger birth of which are clearly different colors than Letos (blue and brown, respectively) strengthens my belief that he’s innocent. Nothing about Leto suggests he’s rich enough that many cars...especially cars that he can hide from the police (remember they found his other one and it was clean).

2. I don’t think that’s his land, he just said he knew a guy who had a hunting license there. I took that to mean he got the key from that guy. :manny:

Last edited:

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
I was laughing when Rami came on acting real free if you know what i mean :pachaha:

he settled down as the movie went along.

I like thriller/serial killer movies so this was watchable for me but i agree with the consensus, this is mid.

5.5 out of 10

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Agreed on the mile market scene.

I must have missed something with respect to the dig scene...what was so elaborate about that? He was just trolling Mr Robot and making him dig holes. When he thought he dug enough he reiterated his innocence.

What was the disappearing/reappearing gag?
You forgot the lead up?

They where staking out his home for nights. Leto observed and timed Denzel coffee run. Rang a pay phone and did his Batman appearing act. Then, he drives him in the middle of nowhere which seem like an hour out of town to get him to start digging up graves.

That's just wildly excessive.

It's a pretty obvious isolation predatory tactic and an elaborate timed one at that.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Listening comprehension.

It's the little things that get you caught...

That right there's a context clue :manny: It always bothered me that they put it in the trailer too, that's a critical bit of info in the movie. You have to wonder just how much they think the viewers aren't paying attention, that they can just float that out there like it's no problem.
I must be missing something :dwillhuh:
Are you suggesting Rami is the killer? If so, what are you basing this on? The roast beef that was left in his victim being the last thing his wife cooked?

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@taker597
@R.E.N. Spells Ren

I think your dispute is exactly what the film is about. :ohhh:

Is there too much to dismiss from Leto? Or are these just a bunch of “little things” that appear to be more than they are when you have nothing?

I think if you’re looking for a killer for 15 years, you might grasp at anything and overthink stuff, but it also doesn’t mean what you’re seeing and feeling isn’t right when a guy seems like “the guy”.
Is it Leto the whole time?
Is Leto a copy-cat of the original?
Is Leto just a crime-buff?

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I must be missing something :dwillhuh:
Are you suggesting Rami is the killer? If so, what are you basing this on? The roast beef that was left in his victim being the last thing his wife cooked?

Nah.

It's indicative of Joe Deacon himself living with secrets, secrets that would get him caught if he slipped up and made a mistake. A veteran detective would pay attention to the little things; details are essential to what they do. Him, the medical examiner, the old chief, they're all hiding the killing of that one girl Deacon shot. Deacon left that department for somewhere else to cover it all up. He has to live with it every day...on top of which he never solved the murders of the other girls, which weighs on him just as much.

Truthfully, the problems people are having with this are based ontheir expectations that this is a straight whodunit kind of flick...when it isn't. This is moreso a commentary/insight on the garbage cops have to live with.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Rami Malek never "looked" like a guy from 1992 or whatever it was, and the chick was straight jogging in lululemon yoga pants. they showed shyt like that, then cut to Denzel at a payphone and i kept thinking, "wait when is this again?"
I had to look up when “No Doubt” formed after I saw the flyers on the fridge. I always assume they were mid-90s but it appears it was late 80s. Yeah, Rami’s suits were looking modern as hell, I was waiting for an iPhone to get pulled out

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I had to look up when “No Doubt” formed after I saw the flyers on the fridge. I always assume they were mid-90s but it appears it was late 80s. Yeah, Rami’s suits were looking modern as hell, I was waiting for an iPhone to get pulled out
i watched this yesterday and already forgot most of it, but i'm pretty sure i saw a Boost Mobile ad or something at some point

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah.

It's indicative of Joe Deacon himself living with secrets, secrets that would get him caught if he slipped up and made a mistake. A veteran detective would pay attention to the little things; details are essential to what they do. Him, the medical examiner, the old chief, they're all hiding the killing of that one girl Deacon shot. Deacon left that department for somewhere else to cover it all up. He has to live with it every day...on top of which he never solved the murders of the other girls, which weighs on him just as much.
That wasn’t a little thing that was caught though right? He shot her in front of 2 officers. It wasn’t like he killed her away from everyone and they discovered a fingernail of his during the autopsy. It was a major blunder and a huge coverup, no?

Daps
You forgot the lead up?

They where staking out his home for nights. Leto observed and timed Denzel coffee run. Rang a pay phone and did his Batman appearing act. Then, he drives him in the middle of nowhere which seem like an hour out of town to get him to start digging up graves.

That's just wildly excessive.

It's a pretty obvious isolation predatory tactic and an elaborate timed one at that.

he’s just watching them from the apartment. And made his move once he saw Denzel leave. He didn’t disappear. He called the pay phone from the apartment. He let Mr Robot go on his soliloquy and went outside to meet him. He did get out there amazingly quick but it was clear to me that’s what they wrote happened.