Official The Irishman Thread

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve been watching bits and pieces of this pass few days.
It’s slowly creepy up on my top 5 Scorsese movies. This is coming from someone who’s damn near seen all his films.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Definitely underrated. People just hate on De Niro’s feeble old man kicks. Last hour of this movie is amazing.

I also think that all the de-aging worked fine EXCEPT for De Niro at his youngest. After that it’s fine. Pacino and Pesci both kill it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Definitely underrated. People just hate on De Niro’s feeble old man kicks. Last hour of this movie is amazing.

I also think that all the de-aging worked fine EXCEPT for De Niro at his youngest. After that it’s fine. Pacino and Pesci both kill it.
The last hour is terrible. They should have started ending the movie when Hoffa got merked.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Chi

should’ve won best picture and Pesci should’ve won best supporting actor. Parasite was well directed but IMO it only won best picture bc of its critique of class and the academy eats that shyt up.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The CGI was great
If 1917 wasn’t nominated The Irishman would’ve easily the Oscar for visual effects

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Low key I thought Scorese should've went with some youth in this and gave Pecsi, Deniro, and Pacino different roles or just go all youngsters for this one. Yeah Deniro beating down the grocery store clerk was laughable and ridiculous

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Low key I thought Scorese should've went with some youth in this and gave Pecsi, Deniro, and Pacino different roles or just go all youngsters for this one. Yeah Deniro beating down the grocery store clerk was laughable and ridiculous

not many actors that can pull off a film like this though. Most actors today ain't it....

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“I’m going to jail, you understand that? I’m going to prison. Because of you.....you dumb motherfukkers.”

Another classic Pacino meltdown :mjlol:

great scene. I would’ve taken him over Pitt that year for the Oscar. Brad Pitt was good but didn’t have any scenes like that where he absolutely killed it.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Just rewatched this over the past two days, liked it more the second time around. Pesci absolutely killed it, especially his final scenes in prison. The film gets a lot of flack because of the times the de-aging stuff didn't work, specifically with DiNiro and the scene he beats the guy down outside the grocery store. Which is a shame because DiNiro was great in and then movie was great as well.