Official The Irishman Thread

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Finished watching after not watching it for a month, watched it as a mini-series. I liked it, but it's mostly dialogue based (not a bad thing) was kinda weird bc all the actors are old and washed looking, but I guess that's how most of those people looked in real time. Honestly enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Just rewatched this over the past two days, liked it more the second time around. Pesci absolutely killed it, especially his final scenes in prison. The film gets a lot of flack because of the times the de-aging stuff didn't work, specifically with DiNiro and the scene he beats the guy down outside the grocery store. Which is a shame because DiNiro was great in and then movie was great as well.

while I'm not justifying how "odd" the scene looks, it's an homage to the Godfather scene where Sonny beats up Carlo

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Rewatched shyt is still long as hell :russ:

Took plenty of breaks to Google shyt this is a hard watch if you don’t have any prior knowledge went down a rabbit hole searching shyt up :wow:

Great movie

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
A gangster flick being a hard watch? :mjlol:
Yeah if you want to truly digest the movie it helps to know a lot of shyt beforehand

Most people don’t know who Jimmy Hoffa was nor do they even understand the union links to the mob or how they came to be historically

It’s not just some shoot em up bang bang shyt and this movie is so long and dialogue heavy that you have to focus

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Nobody is forcing him to make every other film about Irish Catholics or Italians. Dude aint even irish his own self :heh: he just does that cause his friend De Niro is irish. He could do the same for his black friends.

But again this is beside the point, i'm not asking him to make different movies, i'm just saying his criticisms are ironic given his filmography.
He should stick to his people and what he’s good at.

:mjlol: at Scorsese making a Larry Hoover movie like what?? fukk Larry Hoover too that nikka don’t deserve no movie

He ain’t Irish but he’s an ethnic white New Yorker. Irish and Italians are PB&J their stories are interlinked and all in the same, rivals and brothers.

Let’s just see some god damn cac criminality :heh: