Official The Irishman Thread

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Saw it in theatres...had to miss a pivitol scene b/c I couldn't hold it any longer and had to piss.

I love The Irishman, I personally think it's underrated and should've won several Oscars, particularly Pesci, however the academy had their agenda with that overrated ass Parasite movie and its critique of classism

The Irishman & 1917 were both far better than Parasite
It might be a classic gangster film. I only saw it once and enjoyed the hell out of it. It didn’t even feel long and kept me entertained through it all. Thread got me itching to pull out the blu. :jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
It might be a classic gangster film. I only saw it once and enjoyed the hell out of it. It didn’t even feel long and kept me entertained through it all. Thread got me itching to pull out the blu. :jbhmm:

shyts def fire…it does have a little drag at the end, I could’ve done w/o the action Bronson scene

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

Funny looking beatdown aside, I always wondered what caused the shopkeeper (Joe) to shove his daughter. All we get is, "Frank, I'm sorry, but your daughter was out of line. I only---." She doesn't really come off as a bratty person at any point in the film, and she doesn't seem like the type to overdramatize something like some kids do, so it must have been something hostile on Joe's part.

Daps
Reppin
Chi

Funny looking beatdown aside, I always wondered what caused the shopkeeper (Joe) to shove his daughter. All we get is, "Frank, I'm sorry, but your daughter was out of line. I only---." She doesn't really come off as a bratty person at any point in the film, and she doesn't seem like the type to overdramatize something like some kids do, so it must have been something hostile on Joe's part.

I think part of it is to show Frank is ready willing and able to use violence regardless of what the actual “reason” is. Plus, any parent is going to side w/ their kid and come at anyone that issues discipline out of line.

That scene w/ the stomp out was could’ve easily been shot a different way without that cringey ass movement. Honestly it could’ve been left out all together.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

ya what @Whips-n-Chains said…the shopkeeper probably didn’t even shove her that hard…probably just slightly pushed her out the way and shouted at her out of frustration (for knocking over some oranges I think)…that being said he was dead wrong for putting hands on her no matter how “slight” it was then on top of that it was the daughter of a well-known violent man…he knew he fukked up as soon as dude entered the store lmao

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Watching this again.. why the fukk didnt he just use younger actors :heh:
Faces all fukked up . The way they move, its like old men move.
Not talking just about that beating.
Even with that cgi, Pesci looks almost dead.
Pacino was great tho.

It would be all time great if it came out 15 years earlier.

That Deniro scene with him stomping dude out was so damn funny

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Watching this again.. why the fukk didnt he just use younger actors :heh:
Faces all fukked up . The way they move, its like old men move.
Not talking just about that beating.
Even with that cgi, Pesci looks almost dead.
Pacino was great tho.

Which younger actors can hold a candle to Pacino, Pesci and De Niro tho? Plus they need to look somewhat similar too.

The cgi wasn't terrible but they def looked old when they were supposed to be young.

I'll never understand why they didn't shoot that beat down scene a different way

Or when De Niro is climbing on the rocks and throwing those guns in the water 💀💀💀

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Which younger actors can hold a candle to Pacino, Pesci and De Niro tho? Plus they need to look somewhat similar too.

Yeah I don't know who you get to replace them no matter how old they are. Michael Mann is doing a Heat prequel with Timothee Chalamet in the Pacino role and Adam Driver in the De Niro rle and it just sounds like awful miscasting

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I don't know who you get to replace them no matter how old they are. Michael Mann is doing a Heat prequel with Timothee Chalamet in the Pacino role and Adam Driver in the De Niro rle and it just sounds like awful miscasting
Again... Pacino was great in this, no need to replace him
. Deniro and Pesci are off somehow. Not just because of the deaging
Bobby Cannavale and Stephen Graham, could've done good job (replaceing deniro and pesci), but they're both in the movie
Michael Shannon could've replaced deniro.

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
i literally just watched that scene
It was like a scene from dirty grandpa

:heh:

Didn they kill Gallo as payback for Colombo?

Prob ducktales that Sheeran killed Gallo..cant see the mob outsourcing that big of a hit like that

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I'll apologize for it after you apologize for being late, you motherfukking WOP cocksucker:wow:
Wtf was wrong with Jimmy Hoffa?
Was he crazy, stupid, arrogant? what
How can he not know the power that the mob had in these unions?

Last edited:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Again... Pacino was great in this, no need to replace him
. Deniro and Pesci are off somehow. Not just because of the deaging
Bobby Cannavale and Stephen Graham, could've done good job (replaceing deniro and pesci), but they're both in the movie
Michael Shannon could've replaced deniro.

Disagree about Pesci, I thought he was great in it. De Niro was aight, not his best performance but whatever :yeshrug:

Part of it is the name recognition too. Pacino + De Niro + Pesci is gonna get the movie made and get the budget Scorsese wants over Shannon + Graham + Cannavale even though they are all great actors