Official The Irishman Thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I mean, the rappin cats in the hood made these shyts poppin.
NOBODY ever cared about these Italians, Irishmen, and soft ass Jews like that in the hood.
:manny:
and it wasnt even about them being racist.
it was just...

who cares??

@MartyMcFly

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
NOBODY ever cared about these Italians, Irishmen, and soft ass Jews like that in the hood.
it was just...

who cares??

@MartyMcFly

I see what you're saying. And you're probably right. Cinema popularized a lot of this shyt in the hood, for better or worse.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
it was just...

who cares??

@MartyMcFly
Not from the hood so I can’t even front like I can say “yup” but I feel you.

Always been into mob flicks tho and always love scorsese so this is an easy layup for me

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
About half way through this....I didn't dislike it per se initially but it feels like Scorsese is knocking the rust off the longer the movie goes on. I know he likes to jump around with multiple characters and story lines a lot...it felt kinda jumbled at first. But now everything is clicking.

As far as Deniro being :flabbynsick:....that scene outside the shop was terrible. But the longer the movie goes on, and the "older" his character gets....him moving slower is actually adding to the character. Because it seems like his actions and life are taking a toll on him. I doubt that was intentional, since Deniro actually is old as fukk....but :manny: whatever, it adds to the movie for me.

The Hoffa and Tony Pro scenes are the best parts so far.

Fred.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
As far as Deniro being :flabbynsick:....that scene outside the shop was terrible. But the longer the movie goes on, and the "older" his character gets....him moving slower is actually adding to the character. Because it seems like his actions and life are taking a toll on him. I doubt that was intentional, since Deniro actually is old as fukk....but :manny: whatever, it adds to the movie for me.

The Hoffa and Tony Pro scenes are the best parts so far.

Fred.
Wait til you see the scene where Deniro falls in the hallway.
Youll think it's real :russ:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Since I originally had to split my viewing of this in half off first watch, I was thinking of giving it a rewatch in one sitting :jbhmm:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Not from the hood so I can’t even front like I can say “yup” but I feel you.

Always been into mob flicks tho and always love scorsese so this is an easy layup for me
New York City was always funny tho.
If you can somehow make something thats negative golden, you're a hero.

:deadmanny:

I remember when the Bloods started to become popular in the BRONX.
that "what time is it?" shyt. Smh.

My cousin got his face slashed off that dumb shyt.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
New York City was always funny tho.
If you can somehow make something thats negative golden, you're a hero.

:deadmanny:

I remember when the Bloods started to become popular in the BRONX.
that "what time is it?" shyt. Smh.

My cousin got his face slashed off that dumb shyt.
Yeah that part I know. That’s how our culture has always worked. Wild shyt :russ:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There is literally nothing to suggest this movie would've been a hit.

Acting like "Wolf Of Wall Street", a movie that came out 6 years ago, with higher profile stars.....which itself only opened at #5 when released....is somehow proof this would've done well at the box office, is lunacy.

It really isn't.. It's a crime drama directed by Scorsese that did $400M worldwide and made a big profit and then went on to make millions more after its box office run.

6 years ago doesn't help your argument.. it helps mine. Adjusted for inflation it actually did over $400M and you saying it's his highest grossing again doesn't mean much because of inflation.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It really isn't.. It's a crime drama directed by Scorsese that did $400M worldwide and made a big profit and then went on to make millions more after its box office run.

6 years ago doesn't help your argument.. it helps mine. Adjusted for inflation it actually did over $400M and you saying it's his highest grossing again doesn't mean much because of inflation.

:comeon:

Why do you keep presenting these ridiculous arguments?

The inflation increase from 2013-2019 is just 10%. Meaning his highest grossing movie couldn't even crack $450 mill.

Yet somehow a nearly 4 hour long movie, that he failed to get funding for....that he failed to get distribution for....with no A-list actors....and no, Deniro, Pesci and Pacino aren't A-list in 2019 according to Hollywood, that's straight out of Scorsese's mouth, in that last interview he did....is going to be a hit. Despite the fact that, in his prime, none of his mob movies were hits in real time.

Key words: in real time. Not 24 years after the fact. But this is going to be the one. Ok.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Key words: in real time. Not 24 years after the fact. But this is going to be the one. Ok.

A studio would prefer a movie makes a profit in its theatrical run but movies have been green lit before based on the assumption that even if they don't it will probably turn a profit down the road..

And with the case of Scorsese, most of his movies end up standing the test of time meaning they are always going to have these 2nd and 3rd sources of income.