Official The Irishman Thread

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
another thing about deniro being awkward in his action scenes: he was wearing platform shoes to be taller, so add that to his advanced age and it is really bad.

and i really do think pacino deserves some attention during awards season for this hoffa. he was hilarious

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:martin:@ all the ass hurt manchildren Marvel stans mindlessly hating in this thread...

This movie was vintage Scorsese, solid 9/10...

I just felt it was a little too long and takes a good half an hour to get going...

De Niro, Pesci and Pacino killed it...

The scene towards the end where Frank going back between Pesci/ Tony Salerno and Hoffa had me legit dying...

I peeped that too. fukking children :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I enjoyed it but I almost feel like this should've been a Jimmy Hoffa biopic. Felt like three movies in one (Frank's rise in the mob, Hoffa, Frank's post-Mob life) and the Hoffa segment was easily the strongest.

I think all three acts are powerful in different ways, especially the last act.. that's shyt that people really don't think about a lot and the way it was portrayed here.. fukk.. sad shyt...

But the middle is easily the most entertaining. When you have Hoffa, Frank and Russ going back and forth and building up the tension.. it's magic :wow:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Most of the criticisms I’m seeing for this film are nitpicky imo. “The CGI is distracting...” it’s wasn’t that bad. It was actually pretty decent. “The actors are too old”. “It’s too long”

The movie tells a great story and is acted by all time greats. I was so intrigued by the story I watched the after show with Marty and the guys. The level of thought he puts into his work is :banderas:

If you can’t appreciate that then this movie simply wasn’t for you. :yeshrug:

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
I can’t fathom how y’all are in here hyping this shyt movie. :gucci:This movie was phoned-in-Scorcese through and through. It had zero punch, zero pace like a typical S film. And y’all have the nerve to compare this to and rank this higher than Goodfellas?!! If Goodfellas was 10hrs long, I’m on the sofa for 10 fukin hours. Took me 3 fukin days to watch this garbage and I want my fukin 3 days back...

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of the criticisms I’m seeing for this film are nitpicky imo. “The CGI is distracting...” it’s wasn’t that bad. It was actually pretty decent. “The actors are too old”. “It’s too long”

The movie tells a great story and is acted by all time greats. I was so intrigued by the story I watched the after show with Marty and the guys. The level of thought he puts into his work is :banderas:

If you can’t appreciate that then this movie simply wasn’t for you. :yeshrug:
Yeah this was like his magnum opus. Wish I could've seen this in the movie theater

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Started watching today.... Then got into an article about how dude basically lied about killing Hoffa.. They went to the house and the blood didn't match. Either tell me a fake story or a true story.. I hate watching fake true stories

He was probably lying about the Hoffa shyt. Seems like the Genovese dudes were behind it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
In watching now and I'm dying laughing at the fish convo

Mob guy: what kind of fish was it?:jbhmm:
Chuckie: I dunno. A fish. That you eat. :unimpressed:
Mob Guy: so you go to the and say "hey, ginmie a fish"?:mjtf:

They always in that mindset... tryna figure out if somebody is bullshyttin them. in truth the story wasn't adding up. You go to a supermarket and just say hey I want a fish? of course you should know what the fish was :dead: