Official The Irishman Thread

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
2nd rewatch done :wow:

felt like this is along the same lines as Unforgiven just ending on a more depressing note. Both films are a demythologizing take on characters and film genres that both the directors and stars for years help build up. You even hear throughout this pieces of the score sound similar to those in Westerns. Great film :wow:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Loved it. Just an acting clinic across the board. It's slow, it's quiet but the pacing was beautiful. A rare movie that took it's time instead of rushing. The last 30 minutes you could make a metaphor for what I think Marty was going for with this movie: the last of an era telling a raw but melancholy story you haven't heard yet.

It wasn’t without its faults, the CGI wasn’t the best and like many have said, De Niro really looked 76 in this. I understand they couldn't do this without the aging technology but if Pacino had a body double, I don't know why Bobby couldn't get one too.

opqPE8A.gif
The arm. I couldn't take my eyes off his arm.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
not "great" but i have to give it credit: it didnt feel like it lasted too long.

i also love the portrayal of hoffa. dude was stubborn and disrespectful as hell but in a likable way :laff:

but i also have no interest in a second watch

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watched it in two sittings overall thoughts :

- good but not great 6/10 overall, mostly based on the actors and directors

-dinero and Pacino need to retire or only do grandpa movies, unfortunately I feel like there age stopped them from elevating certain scenes, that grocery scene someone posted a few post ago is a prime example

-movie needed to be a hour shorter