Official The Irishman Thread

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
not "great" but i have to give it credit: it didnt feel like it lasted too long.

i also love the portrayal of hoffa. dude was stubborn and disrespectful as hell but in a likable way :laff:

but i also have no interest in a second watch
Yeah thats whats weird, I watched it twice. It flew by each time. Maybe cuz I really like the story. Idk. Also watched it early in the morning. Like 1am to 4

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
All shyt aside, I give the avengers: endgame a 10/10 and black panther a 9/10. This movie was close though. I'll probably watch it to help me sleep better especially with the 3 and a half hour narration. DeNiro has a very soothing voice.

i wanna see this today but 3.5 hours is long might just pop in gemini man

Some of y'all need to have your Netflix subscriptions revoked.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Loved the film...but I will say my one criticism will be the whatever de-aging tech they used. :mjlol:

That first scene where Pesci was calling DeNiro "kid" and kept calling him it had me like...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
:mjlol:

me and my girl sat down to watch it last night and saw that runtime and were like :bryan:

i stayed awake all the way thru tho.

I don't think I can do it with a slow burn movie. It took me 2-3 watches to finish OUATIA. I watched Wolf of Wall Street and BvS DC in one sitting, but those movies were filled with comedy and action respectively.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
got an hour left which I'll watch tonight. So far this is amazing. Why can't new hollywood cacs create this level of quality anymore :usure:

This level of quality can be created and has been created and achieved but it's usually under the guise of a small genre budget like how Jordan Peele has done with Get Out and Us or it has to be attached to IP like Phillips and Joker or directors are working on streaming platforms.

Villeneuve is another director to check for. Lynch obviously but lately he's been doing TV, watch Mindhunter on Netflix the acting and directing is incredible.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That 2nd viewing was even better than the first.:wow:

I think you're probably right. I'm gonna watch it again later this weekend at some point. Now that I've watched it not expecting what I was in for, on second viewing I'll be able to catch more little details that Scorsese will throw in there..

there's so much to unpack.. I'm well fed :ohlawd:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
This was great.
So many great lines.
That whole scene in the car with the fish had me dying :russ:

Hoffa callin everybody in the room a muthafukka and Frank peacing out on him killed me.

Any meeting scene with Hoffa was jokes.
Great writing.

Everyone killed their role. Joey P. was really in his bag during this one :banderas:
Pacino did Pacino things.
Only bad thing I can say about Bobby D is that he old and can't help it he walk like that. When he fell in the hallway, that probably wasn't in the script, he probably fell forreal and they decided to keep in :russ:

Loved how they set up the relationship with Peggy and how she saw the good uncle and the bad uncle and how Frank was in the same position as her.
I was actually surprised with how Jimmy got killed. I didn't expect it to happen like that at all.
Really great movie. Only reason it felt long to me was cause I was sleepy anyway.
Fantastic piece of cinema.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
"Uh, it's just you two, right :lupe:? I mean, not the little guy :whoa:?

-Of course, the little guy too :what:

-NO, I'm not doing it with him :camby:

-Jimmy, theres no point just the three of us :mjtf:

-No, no. Just the three of us, that's it :hubie:

-But theres no point just the three of us :mindblown:

-NO, IM NOT SITTING DOWN WITH THAT LITTLE COCKSUCKER AGAIN! I CANT DO IT! :martin:"

:laff: it's like Deniro was begging this nikka to eat his Broccoli.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
the tension in the lead up to them

planning to kill hoffa and the scene that hoffa is actually killed....

best movie sequence of 2019. you have master class acting on display.

the scene where joey the blond disrespect pesci ... that look deniro and pesci give each other. not one word spoken but the audience
know what's about to go down

this shyt is piff.

I love how they always talk in riddles.. "it is.." "paint houses" all this shyt.. they never will get heard on a wire saying "kill 'em" :russ: