Official The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor Thread

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Finished the last episode. And I’m not gonna lie...it was kind of a let down.

Turned into a CW episode :hhh:

The first 9 episodes it was :picard::ohhh::gucci::dwillhuh::gladbron::merchant::whoo::patrice::lupe:

Then episode 10 happens and it turns into a dark ass episode of “Full House.”:martin:

Good series tho :obama:..i just wished they ended on a :demonic: cliffhanger or something.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Finished the last episode. And I’m not gonna lie...it was kind of a let down.

Turned into a CW episode :hhh:

The first 9 episodes it was :picard::ohhh::gucci::dwillhuh::gladbron::merchant::whoo::patrice::lupe:

Then episode 10 happens and it turns into a dark ass episode of “Full House.”:martin:

Good series tho :obama:..i just wished they ended on a :demonic: cliffhanger or something.

I do agree some may feel ep 10 was a bit too sentimental. I had no issues with it personally.

though I do kinda wish flanagan would have gone with his initial ending

‘Haunting of Hill House’ Creator Reveals a Much Darker Alternate Ending

Mazino

All Star
Daps
Amazing show, everything was excellent from the story, to the acting, pacing etc.

They didn't overdo the scares, the shyt was just right IMO.

A lot of what happens to the Crain family is down right depressing :mjcry:

RIP Nell :to:

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any news of a second season? Its not like they had a definite finish.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Just binged this in two days:

full

It's crazy that the two best offerings in horror this year, to me, were both centered on family(though one of them was far more demonic than the other:damn:). Glad that Netflix showed some restraint and kept this at 10 episodes as opposed to the trend of overly long, unnecessary 13 episode seasons. This was perfectly paced and never lulled for me. Stories told out of order can sometimes be too hard to follow or just come off as a pointless way to tell a story, but the way it was executed here worked perfectly and also made sense once you realized some of the space/time elements being played with. The acting was top notch except for a couple exceptions (young Steve felt like a character out of a bad Nickelodeon sitcom and adult Nell's deficiencies stood out among her siblings). The dynamic between the siblings in both time frames was great to watch(young Nell and Luke kept cracking me up:pachaha:). The individual flaws of all the characters in the present day were all very well highlighted and showed how profound an effect the house had on them. I liked how each character got their own episode. Twists were handled very organically and it didn't seem like they were tacked on or relied upon. there was definitely a little bit too much melodrama at times and the random soliloquies could be unrealistic, but that didn't bother me very much.

I loved the finale. I got that they were playing around with time after the Bent Neck Lady/Hodor moment, but the reveal of the true nature of the room was cool. I was fine with the "happy" ending considering it really isn't a "happy" ending. This family's been cut nearly in half by suicides and Hill House still stands. If you ain't feel some type of way at the eventual Dudley family reunion, you ain't shyt:mjcry:The house ultimately did win. All that alternate ending would have done is have nikkas making a bunch of theories as to how they all ended up in the room and trying to poke holes as to how it would be possible. It'd be missing the whole theme of the show just for a cliche horror movie ending. I know they're going to make at least one more season, but I don't think they have to. They could obviously do a prequel, I guess.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Got a question, but I don't know how to use the spoilers.....

Its Not really a spoiler tho…

What do yall make of the scene when the mom is laying w/ the twins in her arms.

Shes talking to the dad and he asks if her arms are falling asleep.

She says no, then she looks down to see that the boy is already in the dads arms as hes turning to walk away.

And she has the crazy look on her face like WTF just happened????