Official The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor Thread

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
This is NOTHING like “Hill House.” It focuses more on the story instead of the scares. It had moments but it really didn’t grab me until the last 2 episodes that brings the whole story full circle.

“Hill House” holds the crown but this is a nice follow up. I wonder how they come at it next season..

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I'm bout start the Bly Manor one after I just finished the Haunting of Hill House, part of the reason I put off watching it is because the shyt is legit a creepy and unsettling show but it's excellent. My favorite episode was by far episode 6 :wow: How they shot that episode deserves an award and the atmosphere was perfect

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
I liked it till the last 2-3 episodes. but when I think about it most of it didn’t have a scary feel at all. what a :trash: finale “it’s not a ghost story it’s a love story”:snoop: Some of the shyt got left unexplained as well. they tried to build this up but the ending wasn’t shyt. I give it 5.9/10 it could’ve been good. The part I liked was the Henry alter ego demon scene that was dark af.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This one was a chore to get through.

The restrained gothic British horror vibe is not something I'm that big a fan of as a rule anyway but even by that metric this series was slow as hell.
Hannah's story was so disappointing...they were setting it up like she was going to have a big role in saving the day and instead she just got Halloran'd.
Carla Gugino was doing the absolute shyttiest British accent I have ever heard and it was distracting.
The ghost angle was overly convoluted and never really delivered.

Here's hoping Mike Flanagan course corrects for the third season if there is one.