Official The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor Thread

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
trying to avoid spoilers in the thread, but before i begin.. is it on the same level of season 1?

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Just finished it
I agree with what was said in the final episode, it's not a ghost story. I zoned out during quite a few scenes, most of them where people telling long ass sad stories about themselves. It never really gripped me and I think having a lazy hung over saturday is the main reason I finished this. It was never scary. Seems weird that this was made by the same people who made Hill House, because it's such a different season.
That being said it was a nice story overall. The acting of the kids, especially Miles when posessed was really on point. And I really enjoyed the soundtrack. I have to let it marinate a little because my opinion is a bit skewed because this was not what I hoped it would be due to Hill House.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
I'm bout start the Bly Manor one after I just finished the Haunting of Hill House, part of the reason I put off watching it is because the shyt is legit a creepy and unsettling show but it's excellent. My favorite episode was by far episode 6 :wow: How they shot that episode deserves an award and the atmosphere was perfect

Although the ending was a bit cheesy to me, no complaints otherwise.

Between This and Geralds Game, Carla Gugino is low-key sexy AF to me.
And Sin City :wow: She a nice looking white chick, them titties

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
season 1 was so good I'm gonna push through, but 2 episodes deep and this is a snoozefest. this is actually more like a comafest.
On episode 4 and its been picking up, but yeah this one isn't hitting anywhere close to the overall creepiness of Hill House so far.

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really like it so far ( up to episode 4, it seems like 5 gets crazy )even though I thought I didn’t want to see another adaptation of turning of the screw . Owen is the standout so far hope no heel turn is in the works though I think that’s him in the future hopefully