Official The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor Thread

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
This...,and who sleeps with no cover?! To this day, it can be 100 degreees in the House, I at least need a sheeet on me lest some sinister shyt be able to grab me at night

Sometimes the sheet ain't enough :damn:

giphy.gif

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Ive watched this twice now and every once in a while Ill watch a random episode to find things I missed, or didn't get the 1st two times around.

Show is on some next level shyt.

Damn, he thought he was hearing Rats within the walls. But he was really hearing old dude trying to claw his way out

and this was right after, Theo let her wall down a lil bit when talking to her pops about fukking up. If yall remember, Theo was telling that little Kid that she built a wall around her self cuz that's the only way she feels protected. That's the same thing old dude in the house did.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
There isn't much out there that is similar in quality. To me the show was reminiscent of American horror story season 1 which is murder house. This was when ahs was still horror and not camp. Also kinda reminds me of that horror movie with Nicole Kidman in that haunted estate, can't remember what it's called off top.

AHS has always been camp even from season 1, that show is fukking trash. Even in season 1 where you had the gimp ghost.:scust:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
AHS has always been camp even from season 1, that show is fukking trash. Even in season 1 where you had the gimp ghost.:scust:
I wouldn't call that camp though, it was just a dark weird show. Campy to me implies they're also trying to be funny, I mean I guess some people might have but it was more creepy to me. It was still mostly horror oriented in s1. That shyt with tate shooting up the school had me shook. The newest season is really really campy but I still enjoy it.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Just finished it. Loved the series but the end was just corny.

Just curious how so? Not challenging your opinion, I have just seen a lot of people make comments regarding the ending. How else could the show have ended? There was two ways? They could either wrap things up and have all themes related to the house close or have a sad ending. The show was regarding the impact this haunted house had on this family and in the end by confronting their fears and dealing with the reality of what occurred they was able to move on.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I wouldn't call that camp though, it was just a dark weird show. Campy to me implies they're also trying to be funny, I mean I guess some people might have but it was more creepy to me. It was still mostly horror oriented in s1. That shyt with tate shooting up the school had me shook. The newest season is really really campy but I still enjoy it.

The shyt with the gimp ghost fukking the Mum and impregnating her had me.:mjlol:

You are right the show is more weird than anything, not going to lie I enjoyed the season with the witches.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
It was almost 30 years ago breh i was like 5. Hardly remember

But there would always be knocks on the door and no one there. Same with the doorbell.

Though one time i swear to god we opened the door and myself my babysitter and my sister (who is 5 years older) saw a ghost. Looked like a native man. Dude just stood there

I also once saw an apparition with longg hair in my mothers room.

My sister said i was deathly afraid of clowns and supposedly saw them too. I think i blocked that shyt outta my mind. I was like Nell apparently

My sisters friends who lived in the same cul de sac silverware got thrown all over the place and they would always turn the water faucets on.

Years later we find out that super cliche that whole subdivison was built on an Indian burial ground.

I kinda tried to forgot about most of it until about 5 years ago at my spot something would always move the trash can lid and it would rock back and forth.

I was in denial and told my wife she was imagining it. Then one day she was at school and i was home and the entire fukking trash can lifts up and flies across the room and hit the sofa :dead:

The doorbell shyt started happening there too and knocks on the door. We always had to keep sage on hand. My dog was always scared and stayed under the bed. We ended up moving (for other reasons)

I have lost my visual sixth sense but i can sense energies and presences. My wife is a medium and i think being around her re awoke it in me. It's hard to breathe in haunted places.

This show made me realize that my fam is still fascinated in ghosts and shyt.my sister is a hardcore supernatural stan. And im a sucker for all ghost story flicks.
So that shyt followed you to your spot? What's sage?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I love that this show destroyed any convo around The Romanoffs which had a way more marketing and came out same day