Official The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor Thread

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When she knocked over her own casket to stop them from arguing.
8xYi8PY.png

Fred.

Interesting that Arthur was also the bent neck man when he died, so I thought Nell perhaps was dreaming his death as a kid. I caught on to the “Welcome back Nell” and these glimpses of ghosts from the past as skirting the time continuum, but it took until the rope and “mom” putting the “necklace” on her that I realized she was going to be the bent neck lady. Poor my baby Nell was seeing her own dead body. :sadbron:

Daps
I think this would've benefitted from having a Channel Zero: Candle Cove tone to it (since many of the themes run parallel to each other), where it still could put the drama at the forefront, but have the eeriness and malevolence lingering in the background.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Wish I would have seen this thread to talk shop while watching. Knocked this out in 3 days with the wifey.

Bent Neck Lady story was :smugboris: and :sadgscac:

Nell :to:
giphy.gif

Nell :mjcry:
tenor.gif

Theo :whew: Theo's girl :banderas:

Aaron Rodgers turned into a junkie after dealing with Mike McCarthy for so long :russ:

What a story. Brehs I need recommendations for something similar to watch now.
There isn't much out there that is similar in quality. To me the show was reminiscent of American horror story season 1 which is murder house. This was when ahs was still horror and not camp. Also kinda reminds me of that horror movie with Nicole Kidman in that haunted estate, can't remember what it's called off top.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
There isn't much out there that is similar in quality. To me the show was reminiscent of American horror story season 1 which is murder house. This was when ahs was still horror and not camp. Also kinda reminds me of that horror movie with Nicole Kidman in that haunted estate, can't remember what it's called off top.

Yeah I was big on AHS for awhile (if it ain't obvious from this video I did :russ:)

It's fallen off hard since then (haven't watched since the season with Cuba Gooding, Jr.).I think you're thinking of The Others with Nicole Kidman :manuehh:

Saw someone mentioned Hereditary in this thread earlier. Got a 89% on RT, so maybe I'll catch that in the interim, although I'd prefer a show rather than a movie.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I was big on AHS for awhile (if it ain't obvious from this video I did :russ:)

It's fallen off hard since then (haven't watched since the season with Cuba Gooding, Jr.).I think you're thinking of The Others with Nicole Kidman :manuehh:

Saw someone mentioned Hereditary in this thread earlier. Got a 89% on RT, so maybe I'll catch that in the interim, although I'd prefer a show rather than a movie.

Yeah, show wise not much out there. The only ahs seasons I liked was murder house and coven. The new season is a cross over between those two and its actually pretty good but it's transistioned fully into camp. I'll have to peep hereditary

Daps

:ufdup:The Others

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly did you really let your homegirl prevent you from watching this classic? :what:

:ufdup:

Breh I watched it about a week ago lol. It was dope lol. You know I don’t feel the need to comment about everything I watch. Episode 6 was my fav, it drops off after that high point, satisfying ending even if how they got there was a tad clunky. Good scares better character work. The sleep paralysis shyt always gets to me and a few nights after I watched it I had my own little experience and was worried I’d see some shyt lol. Luckily I didn’t but I did get up to close my closet door.

But yeah that’s pretty much all I have on it. I’ve got nothing else to contribute to a back and forth discussion on it unfortunately.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Breh I watched it about a week ago lol. It was dope lol. You know I don’t feel the need to comment about everything I watch. Episode 6 was my fav, it drops off after that high point, satisfying ending even if how they got there was a tad clunky. Good scares better character work. The sleep paralysis shyt always gets to me and a few nights after I watched it I had my own little experience and was worried I’d see some shyt lol. Luckily I didn’t but I did get up to close my closet door.

But yeah that’s pretty much all I have on it. I’ve got nothing else to contribute to a back and forth discussion on it unfortunately.
You hear that film room?

@MartyMcFly continues to not shoot with us in the gym on non power or empire show threads.

Vote @FlyRy 2018 :tarantino:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You hear that film room?

@MartyMcFly continues to not shoot with us in the gym on non power or empire show threads.

Vote @FlyRy 2018 :tarantino:
One:russ: I don’t watch empire anymore. Two, shyt that requires more time and attention and thought, I give it that respect. Power is dope but it’s light gangster soap opera. This shyt demanded my attention.

So it’s a question of choosing. do you want to choose someone who actually gives a shyt and is thoughtful or insightful and has actual reflection, or someone who shoots hot takes in the gym that’ll be forgotten in a few weeks? The choice is yours. To quote the genius, half short twice strong :wow:

• Dap
Reactions: hex