Official The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor Thread

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Ehh. Show was alright. Really wasn't all that creepy or scary to me. First episodes kinda just bored me. Picked up near the end when they finally started to show what happened and got back to the house.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
oh god...youre comparing this to Hereditary :francis:.this is in my queue to start this weekend...i guess its time to lower my expectations because hereditary was trash to me :francis:

It's nothing like "Hereditary". I think he's saying he likes them both so it's been a good year for horror.

If I had to compare it to anything, it would be "The Shining".

Fred.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
oh god...youre comparing this to Hereditary :francis:.this is in my queue to start this weekend...i guess its time to lower my expectations because hereditary was trash to me :francis:
They aren't similar outside of family grieving but I was just saying I like them both they're my favorite horror projects this year

E R 11 C

Pro
Daps
Dope series all the way thru. Some great scenes.

"The Bent Neck Lady" Ep was fukkin nuts. That shyt hits you all at the end. Had me literally like "WHAT. THE. fukk" :merchant:

Theo touching Nell was a great scene. :damn:

Abigail out of no where. :mindblown:

Thought i was getting all paranoid when i started seeing ghosts everywhere in the show. Turns out they were jus hidden. fukk.

For all yall on here....Theo's girl....Levy Tran. She got some nice scenes in Shameless if yall interested. :banderas:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just finished the series.

Wasn't feeling the ending mostly because it makes a season 2 damn near impossible. The original ending would've led nicely into a season 2.

Not that they announced a season 2 or anything but I see half the internet talking about :krs: "is there a season 2?!" and I'm just like....how?

Anyway, dope series regardless and episodes 3, 4, 5, 6 and 9 are all amazing TV. None of the episodes were wack, those were just the stand outs.

Fred.

Daps
I too, have just finished this series, and I'm torn over what to think; while it uses mimesis to great effect (especially in the unravelling of the drama), it reaches a point where it walks through the same footprints in the sand, over and over - needlesslly dissecting shyt and strumming the same chords of emotion - taking away from the horror of it all, and leaving it in a ballad state, instead of one of terror and macabre.