Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

.r.

Veteran
Daps
DZTW.gif

Save us Netflix

Fans are begging Netflix to save 'The Expanse,' an acclaimed show canceled by Syfy after 3 seasons
http://www.businessinsider.com/syfy-cancels-the-expanse-could-be-renewed-by-another-network-2018-5

The show, based on the series of novels by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (pen name James S.A. Corey), is set 200 years in the future when humanity has colonized the Solar System. The Solar System is divided and on the brink of war, and the series' conflicts deal with the rocky relationship between Earth, Mars, and the Outer Planets Alliance (OPA).

Moving forward, Alcon Television Group, the show's producer, will look to find a new home for the series, the company told Deadline.

"We are very disappointed the show will not be returning to Syfy," Alcon Entertainment cofounders and CEOs Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson told the outlet. "We respect Syfy's decision to end this partnership but given the commercial and critical success of the show, we fully plan to pursue other opportunities for this terrific and original IP."

Although Alcon did not specify any potential suitors for the series, a number of the show's fans took to Twitter on Friday to ask that Netflix and its CEO, Reed Hastings, consider picking up "The Expanse" for renewal.

Netflix does already own the international streaming rights for "The Expanse," and it has commissioned continuations of a number of cancelled series in the past, including Channel 4's "Black Mirror."

Fans have also started a Change.org petition to get Netflix to pick the show up.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
It's most likely gonna end on a cliffhanger. There are seven books out and I think season 3 is based on book 2 and 3.
Well...

Black Mirror was cancelled and now it's the biggest thing ever

Not all hope is lost. Plus Netflix recently released a statement saying they plan on focusing on science fiction and fantasy type content. Picking this up makes sense for them. It depressed me that Netflix wasn't huge when The Sarah Connor chronicles got canceled

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Fans are begging Netflix to save 'The Expanse,' an acclaimed show canceled by Syfy after 3 seasons
http://www.businessinsider.com/syfy-cancels-the-expanse-could-be-renewed-by-another-network-2018-5

The show, based on the series of novels by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (pen name James S.A. Corey), is set 200 years in the future when humanity has colonized the Solar System. The Solar System is divided and on the brink of war, and the series' conflicts deal with the rocky relationship between Earth, Mars, and the Outer Planets Alliance (OPA).

Moving forward, Alcon Television Group, the show's producer, will look to find a new home for the series, the company told Deadline.

"We are very disappointed the show will not be returning to Syfy," Alcon Entertainment cofounders and CEOs Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson told the outlet. "We respect Syfy's decision to end this partnership but given the commercial and critical success of the show, we fully plan to pursue other opportunities for this terrific and original IP."

Although Alcon did not specify any potential suitors for the series, a number of the show's fans took to Twitter on Friday to ask that Netflix and its CEO, Reed Hastings, consider picking up "The Expanse" for renewal.

Netflix does already own the international streaming rights for "The Expanse," and it has commissioned continuations of a number of cancelled series in the past, including Channel 4's "Black Mirror."

Fans have also started a Change.org petition to get Netflix to pick the show up.

Folks should also request HERE

Well...

Black Mirror was cancelled and now it's the biggest thing ever

Not all hope is lost. Plus Netflix recently released a statement saying they plan on focusing on science fiction and fantasy type content. Picking this up makes sense for them. It depressed me that Netflix wasn't huge when The Sarah Connor chronicles got canceled

You right. I remember being :blessed: when they snatched Black Mirror. If only they could cop Utopia as well. Netflix apparently got the international rights to The Expanse. It'll be a confusing L if they pass it up.

We didn't even get to see the fukkING ALIENS!!!!! :pacspit:

fukk THE SYFY CHANNEL THIS IS BULLshyt!!!!

Literally did this:
giphy.gif

when I found out. shyt came out of nowhere. One of the few shows I actually watched live and I even bought the last episode off the PS store when I missed it.

Get called SyFy and bush your quality sci-fi shows brehs. :martin:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Man I really hope they take the show out of the scrap heap because tonight's episode was :banderas: Signed up for a free trial of Hulu TV on my phone had the episode run there while I watched it live on SyFy. Even had a homie who ran the show live on all the services he's signed up too even told me all his cable boxes were set on SyFy :dead:

That big ass jelly fish thing rising up out of Venus :merchant:

And I haven't forgotten the about the residue of protomolecule in the Roci :lupe:

Next week gonna be lit.