Official The Expanse Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Looks like all the twitter/reddit outrage, petitions, emails, and plane flying over Amazon HQ with #SaveTheExpanse didn't do much of a difference. Episode 7's viewers came in at 0.609 the episode before was 0.555.

giphy.gif

Guess I'm gonna have to start reading Leviathan Wakes.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'd rather them go to Netflix then Amazon

Martha

Same here. I feel like that would guarantee two more seasons and they get to keep the production value or make it higher but rumor was that Netflix wasn't interested. Acquiring the show is also complicated because of the distribution rights. Netflix got international streaming while Amazon has exclusive rights for US.

Ezra

Daps
I think I read that Netflix passed, so amazon or bust, it seems.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Looks like all the twitter/reddit outrage, petitions, emails, and plane flying over Amazon HQ with #SaveTheExpanse didn't do much of a difference. Episode 7's viewers came in at 0.609 the episode before was 0.555.

giphy.gif

Guess I'm gonna have to start reading Leviathan Wakes.
Ratings are so outdated. It doesn’t prove much because everyone isn’t counted. That is such a cop out, they just probably felt like the show cost too much or wanted to put a show on for someone close to someone that matters at the station

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The Mormon colony ship WAS a deep space exploration ship. Just a really, really slow one.

The show is "only" maybe 200 years in the future. It's like the Mass Effect universe just before they discovered alien technology. Or Start Trek First Contact just before humans showed the Vulcans they were worth paying attention to.

When I wrote that, I had no idea how literally true that would turn out to be. Not that I'm complaining, but "The Ring" in this episode came pretty close to ripping off the backstory of the first Mass Relay in the Mass Effect games:
Charon Relay

This episode even mentioned something about how the protomolecule allowed objects to have zero inertia, which made it sound a bit like "Element 0" in Mass Effect. Plus, was that a protomolecule pill that the girl planting the bomb took before she became super strong? Does that mean that protomolecule also give humans "biotic" powers?

I compared the dates for Mass Effect 1 and the first Expanse book, and it looks like Mass Effect came out 4 years earlier :jbhmm:.

It was interesting to see that the ship passed through the ring without even taking enough damage to break the TV screens, but the pilot splatted like he hit a brick wall.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Damn buddy out in space trynna be The Last Starfighter and his girl back home getting her back blown out by his brother:russ:

Martha

that was some foul shyt, nikka was already done and shyt drinking orange juice in the background... :mjlol: like damn belter nikka :heh: mad savage