Official The Expanse Thread

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
:what: on season 2 episode 2
looked it up on Reddit and Mars only has 4 billion to Earth's 30 billion
and earth can easily make weapons that can beat their best ships

:dahell: Mars is like North Korea and the OPA is like mexico this ain't no potential war it's a god damn joke

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
People of course...:ld:
I don't know about the books, but from what we've seen on the show that number seems way way too high. That's more than half the number of people on Earth now.

If they wrote that number in the book, I would suspect they didn't think it through. That just seems silly without some kind of Star Trek style "Genesis" device. No way they can get enough food. The last episode said that Ganymede grew a lot of food for the inner planets, so it doesn't sound like Mars can feed itself.

Last edited:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

:dahell: Mars is like North Korea and the OPA is like mexico this ain't no potential war it's a god damn joke
It is implied from the show that while Earth has strength in numbers, Mars has better tech than Earth. Its basically a story of MAD if they go to war. One side may win, but BOTH would be fukked.

That said, how the fukk is this thread not longer :dahell: show is fukkin piff..better than Dark Matter
Guess alotta brehs dont fukk with the scifi....

Ezra

Daps
Population is mostly insignificant. The potential war between Mars and Earth will not be fought on the surface of either planet. It's about technology and military training.

Think Mars as Sparta and Earth as Persia.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
It is implied from the show that while Earth has strength in numbers, Mars has better tech than Earth. Its basically a story of MAD if they go to war. One side may win, but BOTH would be fukked.

That said, how the fukk is this thread not longer :dahell: show is fukkin piff..better than Dark Matter
Guess alotta brehs dont fukk with the scifi....
:yeshrug: imo Dark matter's pace was more appealing at first. Felt like the expanse was dragging for a while in season 1

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Bobbie beating dude up and defecting didn't really make sense

I know she's mad about her team and all but she didn't seem like the type to switch sides so easily

And I hope the earth lady don't get bodied

She's obviously walking into a trap,probably set by dude who she hasn't exposed yet for some odd reason

Last couple episodes haven't really been that good tbh

The story is starting to drag again

Ezra

Daps
Why doesn't it make sense to you? Her commander is going rogue.

She's not flipping on Mars. She's going to ask Avasarella for help to avoid a war. She's looking out for Mars' best interests.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Population doesn't matter though. The show suggests that Mars has the superior tech.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Population doesn't matter though. The show suggests that Mars has the superior tech.
Not really. The main focus of Mars has been there soldiers. Can you give me a quote or something? That dude used US manufacturing to make super ships to rip apart everyone easily. I heard Mars has a lot of scientists and engineers but they don't have the resources to do what Earth does.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Bobbie beating dude up and defecting didn't really make sense

I know she's mad about her team and all but she didn't seem like the type to switch sides so easily

And I hope the earth lady don't get bodied

She's obviously walking into a trap,probably set by dude who she hasn't exposed yet for some odd reason

Last couple episodes haven't really been that good tbh

The story is starting to drag again

I mean wouldn't you be pissed if the general you trusted sold you & Your team out to test a weapon?!!? Then tried to cover it up because you survived calling you crazy, I would be enraged...:dahell: I would have did worse than beat him up... He betrayed his own soldiers that's downright a killable offense in my book.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I mean wouldn't you be pissed if the general you trusted sold you & Your team out to test a weapon?!!? Then tried to cover it up because you survived calling you crazy, I would be enraged...:dahell: I would have did worse than beat him up... He betrayed his own soldiers that's downright a killable offense in my book.
Yeah but I don't think I would've flipped sides like that

She seemed like she was 100% down with the martians and hated earth so i was strange seeing her flip so easily

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Yeah but I don't think I would've flipped sides like that

She seemed like she was 100% down with the martians and hated earth so i was strange seeing her flip so easily

If they had let her know ahead of time about the weapon and been a tleast apologetic I think she woulda played her part. I think the issue was they kept stringing her along and dismissing the fact that she saw the creature and that the Martian higher ups didn't give a fukk about her and her squad.