Official The Expanse Thread

Ezra

Daps
The bonus content doesn’t show up on my Apple TV so I had to rewatch them on my laptop. It’s weird they did it like that while keeping the episodes at around 45 minutes still.

I tried to get into the books but I struggled finishing the first one. I need to give them another shot.
The first book is exactly the same as the first season for the most part. If you like the show, you should like the book. The book authors work on the show

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can’t believe we’re halfway done with the final season man. This show will go down as a classic but I’m not a fan of acclaimed shows reducing their episode count like this (first Succession and now the Expanse).
Another excellent episode but it flew by and I just can’t let this go, brehs. It makes absolutely no sense for them to call it a wrap after six seasons of critical acclaim and give us six episodes that are barely 45 minutes. There’s so much material left and we’ve got two episodes until the show is DONE. A part of me is holding out hope for a movie or for them to reverse course and keep going, but we’ve all seen this before. I don’t know how they’re gonna put a bow on it in two episodes unless they’re aiming for a huge cliffhanger on purpose.

It just blows my mind. These streaming platforms are so thirsty for a hit but they can’t wait to trip over their own dikks once they get it.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Just finished the 2nd season. This show is crack but some of the decisions the major characters make is :mindblown:

The 'bad guys' like Dawes, Mao, and Sadivir make choices and youre like that makes sense for what they're trying to achieve:ehh:

Meanwhile the 'good guys' like Holden, Naomi, and Chrisjen make decisions and you're like :wtf:

Amos stay cracking me up though:russ:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Another excellent episode but it flew by and I just can’t let this go, brehs. It makes absolutely no sense for them to call it a wrap after six seasons of critical acclaim and give us six episodes that are barely 45 minutes. There’s so much material left and we’ve got two episodes until the show is DONE. A part of me is holding out hope for a movie or for them to reverse course and keep going, but we’ve all seen this before. I don’t know how they’re gonna put a bow on it in two episodes unless they’re aiming for a huge cliffhanger on purpose.

It just blows my mind. These streaming platforms are so thirsty for a hit but they can’t wait to trip over their own dikks once they get it.
The Expanse Creators Explain Why Season 6 Is Only 6 Episodes Long

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nature of the beast. They already got their subscriptions by taking on the show from Sy-fy, and unless the show enters into the public consciousness like The Sopranos, GoT or even Stranger Things, there is no reason for continued investment.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Man these last 2 eps….. I feel are about to be some shyt :wow:

also…. Is it fair to say that the shyt on that planet with that little girl and them Aliens from another timeline?:gucci:

Like post the main story events in a completely different galaxy?:jbhmm:

Nah it's one of the colonies in the rings. Mars made a deal with Inaros for it in exchange for martian battle ships. Idk what the timeline is exactly but I think it's going on concurrent with the shyt with our characters.

It's mostly setup for the ending i think since Laconia, that planet, plays a big role in the later books...stuff we not gonna get lol. This stuff is just the start of that.

I've heard for a number of years now that the later books go deep into weird and alien shyt so my guess is part of why the writers seem cool with ending it here is they get to call it right before that transition. They kinda sold the show on hard scifi, and I know some ppl hate the weirder stuff out there.