Official The Expanse Thread

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Holden and his bullshyt :hhh:

"I want him alive because I don't want him to be a martyr" then proceeds to let them go when they don't give up.
Should have blown those two fools and their whole crew into oblivion, I got the feeling that they should be way past the "we don't kill him because he'll be a martyr" phase after the man bombed Earth with a shytload of asteroids and is in a full-blown wat with Earth and Mars. Imagine irl "Nah we won't kill Osama, because he'd just turn into a martyr". :pachaha:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Bobbie: :demonic:
We tried! fukk 'em! *Fires torpedo*

Naomi: :lupe:

Holden:
*Disarms torpedo*

Me:
giphy.gif

"I want him alive because I don't want him to be a martyr" then proceeds to let them go when they don't give up.
Should have blown those two fools and their whole crew into oblivion, I got the feeling that they should be way past the "we don't kill him because he'll be a martyr" phase after the man bombed Earth with a shytload of asteroids and is in a full-blown wat with Earth and Mars. Imagine irl "Nah we won't kill Osama, because he'd just turn into a martyr". :pachaha:

I really don't understand at all why Holden did what he did. Reminds me of season 1 of Arrow when Arrow would sometimes kill a room full of guards and let the head bad guy live.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I really don't understand at all why Holden did what he did. Reminds me of season 1 of Arrow when Arrow would sometimes kill a room full of guards and let the head bad guy live.

Dude has a :cape: complex and I'm sure it's because he didn't want to clap Naomi's son, even though she cosigned the strike. That would have killed their relationship.

Better man than me... I would have erased those skinnies :demonic:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm considering the alien to be part of the planet's ecosystem, so I not really separating them.

No way would I be letting my kid run around on a planet with unknown wild alien creatures, though.

That’s what be killing me about these sci fi movies/shows:russ:

The parent stay be letting kids just run around freeing unsupervised on strange planets, space ships, or even them space base stations like theirs no danger out there:mjlol:

And 72% of the time something ALWAYS goes wrong:russ:

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
I still love this show, but the fact that it is so book-based has kind of lowered the quality. The first three books were just flat out better stories than 4-6. I didn't mind season 4, because Klaes Ashford and Murtry were amazing, but the pacing of these last two seasons is just... to be polite, not good. And the Expanse fandom just says well it's like that in the books so don't say anything other than its all perfect.

Here's the thing, it's a different medium. As a film person, you have to know when to deviate from the source material to either raise the stakes or improve the product. Naomi doing all that work on the Chezi (sp) ship was the nail in the coffin. A lot of people have bailed on the show because of how boring it became.

That Holden doesn't kill Marco and the Pella because considering Naomi is the writers on some silly shyt. Book or TV show. It's still war.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I honestly think its kinda key that Holden vs protomolecule issues / Holden vs ANY purely human issue is very different.

Dude loves and trusts people to a fault - consistently. He did with Fred Jones, all the martians even though they're the dumbest motherfukkers in space, even with Amos and his girlfriend who is a legit war criminal. shyt, he even looked the other way and used his privileges as a privateer to grant Naomi and her dumb ass belter friends immunity when they were getting their terrorist shyt on at the new colony. He rolls with goons like Amos and Bobby specifically because they bring the energy he holds back for extraterrestrial shyt to every day scumbags.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I honestly think its kinda key that Holden vs protomolecule issues / Holden vs ANY purely human issue is very different.

Dude loves and trusts people to a fault - consistently. He did with Fred Jones, all the martians even though they're the dumbest motherfukkers in space, even with Amos and his girlfriend who is a legit war criminal. shyt, he even looked the other way and used his privileges as a privateer to grant Naomi and her dumb ass belter friends immunity when they were getting their terrorist shyt on at the new colony. He rolls with goons like Amos and Bobby specifically because they bring the energy he holds back for extraterrestrial shyt to every day scumbags.

Yeah it's important to remember basically bred and raised for this as well. His entire upbringing built him to doing this shyt and making these decisions.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps

So he's still a dumbass even in the later seasons? Just finished season 1 and the guy was pretty annoying for an MC. When the Martians were about to board the Rocineta and Amos was getting ready with weapons and Holden was like "You're not shooting them, we're not spilling anymore blood" points gun at Amos' head "I'm gonna shoot you in the head before you shoot them"

:gucci::snoop:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So he's still a dumbass even in the later seasons? Just finished season 1 and the guy was pretty annoying for an MC. When the Martians were about to board the Rocineta and Amos was getting ready with weapons and Holden was like "You're not shooting them, we're not spilling anymore blood" points gun at Amos' head "I'm gonna shoot you in the head before you shoot them"

:gucci::snoop:
He's a dumbass but like..... there's level to being a dumbass in this show :pachaha: if you gonna be dumb, at least be lucky. And Holden got that on lock.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
He's a dumbass but like..... there's level to being a dumbass in this show :pachaha: if you gonna be dumb, at least be lucky. And Holden got that on lock.

Just watched the episode where Miller shot the head scientist in the dome instead of interrogating him about Eros and the experiments:russ:

Who needs him:troll:

Ezra

Daps
If you can give it a try I highly recommend it. I’m a space opera junkie. I read Science Fiction space books constantly. The Expanse series is in my top 7.

You should try the audiobooks as a option. Those are excellent as well

I also finished the series. I think it's #1 Very few large book series finish w a good ending.

What are your other 6?

Have you read The Divide Series by JS Dewes? Only 2 books out so far but it's got real potential.