Official The Expanse Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i didn't think it was possible to misread amos that bad :dead:
You didn't think it was possible? The show outright walks you up to that suggestion. Holden even comes right out and says it to Naomi at one point and other characters on the show remark about it as well. How could it not be possible to believe a misdirection baked into a show by the writers?

Daps
It's sad as hell that we only got one thread for 6 seasons of this incredible show :wow:

I'm rewatching starting from the beginning, on s1 ep 4 right now, and it's amazing how great this show is on a rewatch.:ohhh:

When I first watched s1, I was confused on a lot of what was going on. Watching it now, and this show is really a top 10 series, brehs. :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I feel like most of the characters I like aren't as much the core 4 mains as of the start of season 3. Gunny is getting better, I like Sadavir as an antagonist feels straight up like he was plucked from the 24 series type patriot antagonist I like. I like Chrisjen as well as Drummer and Fred. Also love Dawes as an antagonist and lastly liked punished Miller when he just stopped giving a fukk. Out of the main four I really only like Amos. To me the other 3 are just kinda there.

The first half of season 2 was better than the second half. The season finale of 2 was actually weaker to me than the crash on Venus and lead up to it.

I'm hoping they further develop the Martian side of the conflict because it seems like the major players in the cast are either earthers or belters.

I also hope they find a way to make Holden, Naomi, and Alex more interesting though I know the actor that played Alex got into some trouble and was removed from the show so I'm guessing that doesn't go so well.

Lastly I'm bummed this will go unfinished. I'm guessing this wasn't as popular for Amazon because they closed it out with a short final season and are leaving plot on the table. The actors will probably land other commitments and it will be a challenge to continue it further if they let it go too long. Might just switch to the books to close out the plot.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Did I miss something and they gonna continue with the show?

This supposed to be the last season but it’s only 6 episodes and the last ep was almost like a filler. Doesn’t have the feel of a grandiose last season, a bit disappointed that they kept pursuing this Marco storyline throughout this season instead of putting an end to it at the start of it.

The protomolecule and those aliens that just fukking erase spaceships seem to be a far greater threat overall and we only got 2 episodes to conclude their story?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Did I miss something and they gonna continue with the show?

This supposed to be the last season but it’s only 6 episodes and the last ep was almost like a filler. Doesn’t have the feel of a grandiose last season, a bit disappointed that they kept pursuing this Marco storyline throughout this season instead of putting an end to it at the start of it.

The protomolecule and those aliens that just fukking erase spaceships seem to be a far greater threat overall and we only got 2 episodes to conclude their story?

There's a huge time skip in the books. Folks behind the show decided to use that point as an end for the show.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
There's a huge time skip in the books. Folks behind the show decided to use that point as an end for the show.
I’m aware of that but thought they would put an alternative end to it, knowing the show must end this season. Pushing the Marco storyline further in the last season feels a bit weightless compared to the thrills of some if the earlier seasons. Still a good show though