Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
10 years after Iron Man and a slew of films, better late than never while Sam Jackson and Anthony Mackie reduced to 2nd/3rd level roles, but hey we got Idris Elba in Thor! Look, Don Cheadle is in IM2! Marvel is progressive!!!

Blade could never get made today even though without Snipes there would be no MCU ironically....

Hollyweird has a difficult time making a hetero normal Black male a lead but put him in a dress and/or doing fruity activities (ie Moonlight), he gets Oscars....

Hate to see it...

timing and preparation us everything

before BP, we had 3 Blade movies. Steel, Catwoman and hell even Spawn

And BP made more money than all of them combined and a bigger impact if not all but atleast 3 out of 4 of them.

so yea…. Better later than never

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Black Panther made like a bajillion dollars at the box office, was a pop cultural phenomenon, inspired millions of black children (not to mention adults), and made Chadwick Boseman, even before his untimely demise, universally loved.

But the take away from that film is that the character was watered down and Hollywood is scared to depict a strong black lead, so fukk him.

:dead:

The Coli.com. The site you hate to love for all the wrong reasons. :heh:
I don't like shytting on the coli but yes, I think this type of situation is unique to this place. lol

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Just seen it, not bad at all. A little all over the place with timelines, at 1st I was like :jbhmm:, then it got interesting. Fight scenes were pretty dope. Storyline eventually picked up with some surprises. Interested to see where Marvel takes this as there movies are always a piece of something larger.

EDIT: payed for 3D through the Regal app, usher came out and said something was wrong with the 3D one, gave us all free passes for another 3D movie and we watched the 2D version.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
10 years after Iron Man and a slew of films, better late than never while Sam Jackson and Anthony Mackie reduced to 2nd/3rd level roles, but hey we got Idris Elba in Thor! Look, Don Cheadle is in IM2! Marvel is progressive!!!

:snoop:
marvel is :mjpls: and there is no excuse for it. these films were made in the last 15 years not back in the "bad old days" / 1960's

*ahem* sorry I mean Feige is :mjpls:

Kevin Feige threatened to leave Marvel Studios because the CEO at the time didn't want to push any black or female leads. He put his career on the line in part to get BP made and got that racist Trump supporting cac out the paint in the process.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Movie was definitely solid, not spectacular until the 2nd half.

Completely different vibe for Marvel and I'm completely fine with that. Some heavy themes for sure. Would be curious to see how this would have been without the big name fast but for something as obscure as Eternals you kinda gotta do that.

Really dug the speedster & mind control breh.

The 2 end credits are amazing.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
So….

who the fukk is jon snow going forward?

man everyone was on the edge of their seats, I thought they was gonna show like a slight transformation or atleast his eyes glow or turn black or something.

Then you hear that voice and think they gonna show the face

Everyone was like :damn::damn::damn::feedme::feedme::feedme::feedme:

I stayed away from spoilers and any info so I walked in fairly blind. But I’m now gonna try to learn a little more about the Eternals

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:wow: they did it again :blessed:

Yea I walked in blind both on really any spoilers and also the history of The Eternals.

I enjoyed it, I’m definitely curious to where they go next cuz the cliffhangers where something else:wow:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Movie was fine but not sure why Marvel felt they needed to add them to the MCU
I have no desire to see a sequel to this and I can see why the reviews are middle of the road
Paper Boi was the best of the movie IMO
I didn't understand the purpose of the Super Deviant
It will be interesting to see how long until we see a sequel to this

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
man everyone was on the edge of their seats, I thought they was gonna show like a slight transformation or atleast his eyes glow or turn black or something.

Then you hear that voice and think they gonna show the face

Everyone was like :damn::damn::damn::feedme::feedme::feedme::feedme:

I stayed away from spoilers and any info so I walked in fairly blind. But I’m now gonna try to learn a little more about the Eternals
Yea i know nothing about them, my theater was the same way. Looks like i got homework to do my guy

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Movie was fine but not sure why Marvel felt they needed to add them to the MCU
I have no desire to see a sequel to this and I can see why the reviews are middle of the road
Paper Boi was the best of the movie IMO
I didn't understand the purpose of the Super Deviant
It will be interesting to see how long until we see a sequel to this

That’s an interesting take?

Cuz my question would be “why not?”

You can only so many times drag the same 3-4 characters and so shyt with them?

In this new era, I’m enjoying or at minimum appreciate anyone dropping less popular obscure characters on any platform (theaters, tv, streaming)

Whether it’s this, The Boys, Preacher, Legion, Doom Patrol, or etc

No reason anyone more for DC or Marvel to be a 4 character company. Time to unload everyone on their rosters

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Yea i know nothing about them, my theater was the same way. Looks like i got homework to do my guy

Yea….. I’m gonna be watching a lot of ComicsExplained on YouTube next week.

That dude Rob knows his shyt and be break shyt the fukk down. Plus it’s funny when he get amped up and hyped

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I just got back from seeing it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. The action was pretty lackluster and the plot wasn't that interesting either. I actually fell asleep during the middle which is a first for a Marvel movie for me. Although I will say that the visuals looked really good.