Official 'The Eternals' Thread

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
They did do Black Panther first. Doesn't count?

10 years after Iron Man and a slew of films, better late than never while Sam Jackson and Anthony Mackie reduced to 2nd/3rd level roles, but hey we got Idris Elba in Thor! Look, Don Cheadle is in IM2! Marvel is progressive!!!

Blade could never get made today even though without Snipes there would be no MCU ironically....

Hollyweird has a difficult time making a hetero normal Black male a lead but put him in a dress and/or doing fruity activities (ie Moonlight), he gets Oscars....

Hate to see it...

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
10 years after Iron Man and a slew of films, better late than never while Sam Jackson and Anthony Mackie reduced to 2nd/3rd level roles, but hey we got Idris Elba in Thor! Look, Don Cheadle is in IM2! Marvel is progressive!!!

Blade could never get made today even though without Snipes there would be no MCU ironically....

Hollyweird has a difficult time making a hetero normal Black male a lead but put him in a dress and/or doing fruity activities (ie Moonlight), he gets Oscars....

Hate to see it...

marvel is :mjpls: and there is no excuse for it. these films were made in the last 15 years not back in the "bad old days" / 1960's

*ahem* sorry I mean Feige is :mjpls:

You know how they do. White hero, Black sidekick.

Ant Man (Pym) / Ben Foster
Ant Man (Lang) / Luis (replaced by Wasp)
Iron Man / Iron Patriot
Dr. Strange / Mordo replaced by Wong
Cap / Bucky replaced by Falcon
Thor / Heimdall replaced by Valkyrie
Spider Man / Ned
Star Lord / Gamora (sort of)
Captain Marvel / Photon (coming soon)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Side kicks don’t really count to me breh.

What you think he is?

Anyway….

Just finished it

Definitely a different vibe and flow of other movies.

I enjoyed it.

What’s cool is we no kings get a glimpse of how they can do Glactus should they choose to bring him one day

He sure won’t be a cloud.

Waiting for credits now

Daps
Just left the theater. Shyt picked up alot mid-movie and towards the end cuz the first half of the movie is filled with extra cheese. But it somehow kept the middle aged white dude next to me cracking the fukk up at the silly ass comedy relief moments. The whole time I'm like :gucci:.

And I knew The Coli wasn't gonna like this flick, lol. First shyt I thought about was the dozens of platinum threads about to be born. Dap fishermen don your fatigues. Y'all bout to eat real good off this movie :lolbron:

CGI in this seemed clunky as hell at times too:manny:.

Anyway, overall I'd give this a C+ for a Marvel entry. Maybe a B at best, but some of the dialogue and the pacing drag this one down for me. They had a ton of themes to explore that they didn't dig deep enough into for my liking. (What is humanity's true nature? Is violence really unavoidable, a necessary evil, or just evil? The role of women in society, especially seeing how the most important characters in this were women. Seems odd that they were content just having women filll these roles as leads without demonstrating what that would mean for society at large being led by women, etc. And they could have been real bold and touched on the role of white supremacy and Europe's role in humanity's destruction over the centuries. That would have made these alt-right comic fanboys heads explode even more though, so I guess that was asking too much.)

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Hate to see it...
Another no on Black Panther. Damn, that feel good movie experience faded Fukkin' fast. :mjlol:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
What you think he is?

Anyway….

Just finished it

Definitely a different vibe and flow of other movies.

I enjoyed it.

What’s cool is we no kings get a glimpse of how they can do Glactus should they choose to bring him one day

He sure won’t be a cloud.

Waiting for credits now
:wow: they did it again :blessed:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The 2 after credit scenes are some huge cliffhangers.

people on my theater groaned and got mad cuz they anxious to know what the fukk was that

And not groan in an angry like way, but just want to know what’s about to happen

again hell of a cliffhanger

Daps
Another no on Black Panther. Damn, that feel good movie experience faded Fukkin' fast. :mjlol:

Black Panther made like a bajillion dollars at the box office, was a pop cultural phenomenon, inspired millions of black children (not to mention adults), and made Chadwick Boseman, even before his untimely demise, universally loved.

But the take away from that film is that the character was watered down and Hollywood is scared to depict a strong black lead, so fukk him.

:dead:

The Coli.com. The site you hate to love for all the wrong reasons. :heh:

YoNoSe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Regarding the after credits scene….

was that the watchers voice when he tried to pick up the sword?

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
The 2 after credit scenes are some huge cliffhangers.

people on my theater groaned and got mad cuz they anxious to know what the fukk was that

And not groan in an angry like way, but just want to know what’s about to happen

again hell of a cliffhanger
So….

who the fukk is jon snow going forward?