Official 'The Eternals' Thread

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I had zero hype for this movie but i wanted to see it because
1.MCU hasnt been on a streak, where even if I didnt care for the movie, it wasnt horrible (Cap Marvel)
2.rumors of mutants
3.universe tie in.

From what im hearing 2 and 3 dont happen, but im still going to see it
I was actually pretty excited for this one because the grand scale of the story
This could be like a prince of Egypt or mythological epic and expand that genre

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I was actually pretty excited for this one because the grand scale of the story
This could be like a prince of Egypt or mythological epic and expand that genre
I watch Marvel films for world building honestly, and from what I understand this is some high level stuff. Nothing wrong with it, but imo still tie in the common layers of MCU so folks can understand the impact. Like look how hype Kang got folks being that it was introduced via a path way folks were familiar with (Loki). The movie not having known tie ins is fine, lol but damn thats the purpose of the post credits to toss in someone we know so then we see the implications are real (look what Venom did).

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
sad part is if this was another movie leading up to IW/Endgame, the reviews would be better :francis:
most of us only saw movies like Captin Marvel to see what the tie in was to the "Big Picture", when you dont do that, folks gonna be like "man I just wasted 3 hrs and this dont even tie into the next movie" lol. Its the gift and the curse of what MCU has made. We are invested into a game and want to see it unfold, if it doesn't tie into the game we simply dont care.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
most of us only saw movies like Captin Marvel to see what the tie in was to the "Big Picture", when you dont do that, folks gonna be like "man I just wasted 3 hrs and this dont even tie into the next movie" lol. Its the gift and the curse of what MCU has made. We are invested into a game and want to see it unfold, if it doesn't tie into the game we simply dont care.

Truth.

and to expect an arc run like the Infinity Saga again on film is completely unrealistic.

They at least need to get Reed and Doom into the fold soon.

And Phase 5 betta have the mutants.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Truth.

and to expect an arc run like the Infinity Saga again on film is completely unrealistic.

They at least need to get Reed and Doom into the fold soon.

And Phase 5 betta have the mutants.

yup. If you aren't going to do the Infinity stuff again thats fine, but now you gotta give folks who they care about OR make a damn good movie. I think this is something DC can take advantage of, like when I saw Joker & Shazam I was like these were damn good movies and I wasn't concerned with how it tied in with say Justice League. Same with this Batman movie. Marvel seems to be playing the fence, they gave us Kang in Loki, but didnt tie in his actions to say Shang Chi, or this, and probably not even Spiderman (because we see Dr.Strange is the trigger). They spoiled us, and in a universe you have to have hierarchy which shows up the implications of the movie are real especially for these Comic properties 95% of people dont care about (lets be real MCU could just give us Xmen Movies with random others showing up and we will be fine).