Official 'The Eternals' Thread

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
yea, no shyt, but any movie/show/whatever moving forward with a cast that has more than like 5 characters is probably gonna have a gay one from here on out. lot of gays out there and they also have money. no point getting up in arms about it anymore. it's not a "gay agenda," it's capitalistic bullshyt like everything else.
I agree on the bullshyt part, of nothing else.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Martin was pretty straight forward saying it sucked but I think Korey is worried about likes/dislikes on Youtube. He's been saying alot recently about how that they depend on Youtube to keep the sight running and having videos with a bunch of dislikes might scare sponsors. That's just a guest though.
Yeah, not into Double toasted as much as I used to be because of stuff like this. They seem to be trying to be more PC. And there is way less Martin. He is my fav on the channel.
Just My Opinion is my new knock.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
For me its simple

Avengers is over.

I mean got damn. They like 25 movies deep now. Not TV episodes.. entire movies.

A purple niqqa destroyed half the life in the Universe and Avengers were able to recover.

The End.

That very next Spiderman movie hardly registered. I like Loki and Falcon but I started to not even watch any of the series'. Still haven't watched Wanda.

And I honestly don't care about Shang Chi or Eternals. I watched Black Widow once it was free to me. It was fine. Didn't give a shyt.

They need to just start over with X Men. Start small with the original 5 and don't even show Wolverine til the third movie.

Slow burn build up to one of the classic major events .. that Fox hasn't already ruined.

A real adaptation of Dark Phoenix would have been nice but Fox fukced that storyline up twice already.

Or maybe if Reed Richards picks up where Stark left off. Have the FF be the driving force and have all the secondary and tertiary characters orbit Baxter Building.
Basically. Thanos should have been the end of Phase 4. They need to wrap it up, wait a good 5 years, then reboot the MCU with all the characters.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Regardless of how this does or how the phase progresses i been sayin forever that they really need to do a new Fantastic Four and reboot the X-Men franchises..

i'm not sure why Feige has been reluctant to start that up..

it's gonna be at LEAST 4-5 years from now before we see an X-Men movie and we all gonna be gettin old as sh-t by then :russ:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
XMen are tainted and they need to wait years for the Fox universe stink to wear off. They need to make a good Fantastic 4 first. They're doing that the right way... but for fukks sake, at some point start hinting to the mutants.

Some separate but smaller story lines are needed and different tones.

Too many characters to not have some do their own thing with their own contained stories. Even the Netflix joints while in the MCU, did their own thing.

Need the Children Of The Atom to change the tone. Lots of characters, stories, straight/lgbtq_ etc shyt they can organically use. But if they decide to be goofies and bring up Tony in those movies :dead:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Some separate but smaller story lines are needed and different tones.

Too many characters to not have some do their own thing with their own contained stories. Even the Netflix joints while in the MCU, did their own thing.

Need the Children Of The Atom to change the tone. But if they decide to be goofies and bring up Tony in those movies :dead:
thing is, by the time we get to MCU XMen, a lot of the powers are gonna be redundant. shyt, Eternals basically has Cyclops without the glasses. we're gonna have a fire guy by then. We'll have seen teleporting and shyt. Wanda and Cap Marvel won't be much different from Jean Grey, etc. they have a tough task ahead of them.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Martin was pretty straight forward saying it sucked but I think Korey is worried about likes/dislikes on Youtube. He's been saying alot recently about how that they depend on Youtube to keep the site running and having videos with a bunch of dislikes might scare sponsors. That's just a guest though.

Yes that's the game a lot of people have to play. Huge publications don't really care that much Variety or The Hollywood Reporter etc.. Chicago Sun Times.. they will probably slam anything unless they have a Pol agenda..

But a site like Double Toasted gonna play favorites for sponsors. There's no real integrity when money is involved..

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
thing is, by the time we get to MCU XMen, a lot of the powers are gonna be redundant. shyt, Eternals basically has Cyclops without the glasses. we're gonna have a fire guy by then. We'll have seen teleporting and shyt. Wanda and Cap Marvel won't be much different from Jean Grey, etc. they have a tough task ahead of them.

the Story they use will be important.

Feige was a producer on the first 3 spideys (Granted 3 was meh).
First 2 X-Men (pretty good)
The 2 FF Fox movies were avg at best (Doom was :snoop: tho)

He's not above criticism.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
But a site like Double Toasted gonna play favorites for sponsors. There's no real integrity when money is involved..

Gospel.

If they shyt on it, then they are scared to lose their spot/access to someone else who will blow smoke up Mickey's ass if the movie is just alright at best.

That's why real journalism is needed so badly. Cats who will tell the truth regardless if it costs them their access.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
the Story they use will be important.

Feige was a producer on the first 3 spideys (Granted 3 was meh).
First 2 X-Men (pretty good)
The 2 FF Fox movies were avg at best (Doom was :snoop: tho)

He's not above criticism.
i think Feige is pretty bulletproof with the MCU. he's about the only dude on Earth i'd trust to make the XMen good. i really started to hate those fukkin movies. never loved em. Logan is good, and then there are about 10 cool set pieces across the rest of the movies, none of which i think are very good. First Class was probably my favorite, but i'm never revisiting it

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
i think Feige is pretty bulletproof with the MCU. he's about the only dude on Earth i'd trust to make the XMen good. i really started to hate those fukkin movies. never loved em. Logan is good, and then there are about 10 cool set pieces across the rest of the movies, none of which i think are very good. First Class was probably my favorite, but i'm never revisiting it

My bigger point was he has had some duds. Even in the MCU. Maybe not financially, but there has been some ass movies.

That major buildup that we had towards Thanos is something that will probably never be duplicated again.

He was there for when Doom was made trash in the first 2 movies.

3rd time better be the charm because Doom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanos :birdman:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Martin was pretty straight forward saying it sucked but I think Korey is worried about likes/dislikes on Youtube. He's been saying alot recently about how that they depend on Youtube to keep the site running and having videos with a bunch of dislikes might scare sponsors. That's just a guess though.
Korey read reviews before he went in so he gave it compliments cause he didn’t see what reviews were complaining about but once he went over what he disliked about it on his own he started waivering.

I don’t think it was about YouTube views. He psyched himself up on the reviews instead of purely the movie.

Martin didn’t read the reviews and basically went in blind.