Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Barbados Slim

All Star
Daps
Haven't seen any reviews and I'll prob avoid until watching it, but I also didn't have high hopes from seeing the line up and first trailer.

Marvel has grown to be this colossal franchise that actors can eat off of for years if they get the right character, but as soon as I saw the line up I thought they really decided lets just make a film and ensure every race, sex, gender, body shape, age feels represented - and I'm not against that....but is the story gonna hold up or is it just a "hey look a character that makes me feel seen" all mashed together on screen?
:ld:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
We're straight men, we're NEVER getting used to it:gucci:
yea, no shyt, but any movie/show/whatever moving forward with a cast that has more than like 5 characters is probably gonna have a gay one from here on out. lot of gays out there and they also have money. no point getting up in arms about it anymore. it's not a "gay agenda," it's capitalistic bullshyt like everything else.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
63%

really :mjlol:

So Thor Dark World is better than this?

Wonder Woman 1984 is only 5% worse:russ:

Unless the script/acting/writing was horrible and this is a campy movie, I think peoples expectations for this were way too high.

or maybe people are tired of everything being connected and movies setting up something else.

Maybe End Game sucked the life out of some people, and will forever view MCU properties differently. Maybe Tony & Cap were literally the heart and soul of the MCU and knowing they’re not a part of it anymore is hard to adjust to.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Feige said this was an Oscar contender, but i never really saw "fans" acting like this was gonna be incredible. feels like people have been looking beyond this year's marvel movies for a couple years now. everyone is focused on Spidey. Strange, BP2, Thor, etc. all the sequels. i don't recall seeing many "Eternals is my most anticipated marvel movie!" i don't think fans of these movies gave much of a fukk that they got the woman who directed Nomadland.

but let's be real, we're in a huge MCU lull right now. There have been like 2 big moments so far in phase 4. Kang showing up in Loki and... i don't know, maybe some cool shyt in Shang-chi? Some weird ambitiion almost Xmen crossover shyt in Wandavision?

Wandavision was a cool concept, and ended up being half good.
Falcon and Winter Soldier was a covid driven mess, but was half good.
Loki started and ended with a bang, but was ultimately also half good.
What If fukkin sucked, but i don't even count it.
Shang-chi was an Ant-man level mid-tier good time.
Black Widow was fine, but didn't need to exist.

that's where we're at right now. they need the big sequels desperately at this point.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Maybe End Game sucked the life out of some people, and will forever view MCU properties differently. Maybe Tony & Cap were literally the heart and soul of the MCU and knowing they’re not a part of it anymore is hard to adjust to.

For me its simple

Avengers is over.

I mean got damn. They like 25 movies deep now. Not TV episodes.. entire movies.

A purple niqqa destroyed half the life in the Universe and Avengers were able to recover.

The End.

That very next Spiderman movie hardly registered. I like Loki and Falcon but I started to not even watch any of the series'. Still haven't watched Wanda.

And I honestly don't care about Shang Chi or Eternals. I watched Black Widow once it was free to me. It was fine. Didn't give a shyt.

They need to just start over with X Men. Start small with the original 5 and don't even show Wolverine til the third movie.

Slow burn build up to one of the classic major events .. that Fox hasn't already ruined.

A real adaptation of Dark Phoenix would have been nice but Fox fukced that storyline up twice already.

Or maybe if Reed Richards picks up where Stark left off. Have the FF be the driving force and have all the secondary and tertiary characters orbit Baxter Building.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Feige said this was an Oscar contender, but i never really saw "fans" acting like this was gonna be incredible. feels like people have been looking beyond this year's marvel movies for a couple years now. everyone is focused on Spidey. Strange, BP2, Thor, etc. all the sequels. i don't recall seeing many "Eternals is my most anticipated marvel movie!" i don't think fans of these movies gave much of a fukk that they got the woman who directed Nomadland.

but let's be real, we're in a huge MCU lull right now. There have been like 2 big moments so far in phase 4. Kang showing up in Loki and... i don't know, maybe some cool shyt in Shang-chi? Some weird ambitiion almost Xmen crossover shyt in Wandavision?

What If fukkin sucked, but i don't even count it.
Shang-chi was an Ant-man level mid-tier good time.
Black Widow was fine, but didn't need to exist.

that's where we're at right now. they need the big sequels desperately at this point.
It’s almost as if fans only care about characters that matter:ohhh:. People who pay for comics have always been like this.

let’s be honest the only characters that sell big are the fan favorites. Marvel needs to stop playing around and get to the shyt that matters….ie Xmen and FF.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
For me its simple

Avengers is over.

I mean got damn. They like 25 movies deep now. Not TV episodes.. entire movies.

A purple niqqa destroyed half the life in the Universe and Avengers were able to recover.

The End.

That very next Spiderman movie hardly registered. I like Loki and Falcon but I started to not even watch any of the series'. Still haven't watched Wanda.

And I honestly don't care about Shang Chi or Eternals. I watched Black Widow once it was free to me. It was fine. Didn't give a shyt.

They need to just start over with X Men. Start small with the original 5 and don't even show Wolverine til the third movie.

Slow burn build up to one of the classic major events .. that Fox hasn't already ruined.

A real adaptation of Dark Phoenix would have been nice but Fox fukced that storyline up twice already.

Or maybe if Reed Richards picks up where Stark left off. Have the FF be the driving force and have all the secondary and tertiary characters orbit Baxter Building.
The Avengers are never over. The Avengers team has always been ever changing. As long as Marvel has staples on the team like Thor, Hulk, Spider-Man….etc, people are gonna be into it. A Eternal character ain’t gonna do it.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
XMen are tainted and they need to wait years for the Fox universe stink to wear off. They need to make a good Fantastic 4 first. They're doing that the right way... but for fukks sake, at some point start hinting to the mutants.
All Marvel has to do is give us 90’s X-men nostalgia:yeshrug:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was never excited for this and didn't like the choice of director. This, Black Widow, and Shang Chi, which I haven't seen, felt like cash grabs. They should have taken a break from the movies until the heavy hitter Avenger characters were ready for their next flick.

If they were going to do Eternals they should have brought Thanos back and let him play a part in the flashbacks so there would be a real villain.

:beli:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
63%

really :mjlol:

So Thor Dark World is better than this?

Wonder Woman 1984 is only 5% worse:russ:

Unless the script/acting/writing was horrible and this is a campy movie, I think peoples expectations for this were way too high.

or maybe people are tired of everything being connected and movies setting up something else.

I think it’s the opposite. The goal of the Avengers was set up from day one.

This Multiverse story has no goal. At least not so far. People thought Strange was going to run around fixing the Multiverse after Loki but based on the Spidey trailer he barely understands it.