Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
XMen are tainted and they need to wait years for the Fox universe stink to wear off. They need to make a good Fantastic 4 first. They're doing that the right way... but for fukks sake, at some point start hinting to the mutants.
this is almost certainly coming in the next Strange movie I would imagine

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Where are all the gay white guys in these movies/ shows ? Serious question because I basically only watch superhero stuff and I never see any gay white men. Arrowverse maybe?

I understand Loki is supposed to be bisexual but he's only had a female love interest so far.

Second, IMO the new movies are going to struggle a bit because of covid and they don't appear to be connected to a broader storyline , which was the draw for the other phases.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
For me its simple

Avengers is over.

I mean got damn. They like 25 movies deep now. Not TV episodes.. entire movies.

A purple niqqa destroyed half the life in the Universe and Avengers were able to recover.

The End.

That very next Spiderman movie hardly registered. I like Loki and Falcon but I started to not even watch any of the series'. Still haven't watched Wanda.

And I honestly don't care about Shang Chi or Eternals. I watched Black Widow once it was free to me. It was fine. Didn't give a shyt.

They need to just start over with X Men. Start small with the original 5 and don't even show Wolverine til the third movie.

Slow burn build up to one of the classic major events .. that Fox hasn't already ruined.

A real adaptation of Dark Phoenix would have been nice but Fox fukced that storyline up twice already.

Or maybe if Reed Richards picks up where Stark left off. Have the FF be the driving force and have all the secondary and tertiary characters orbit Baxter Building.

I don't think Feige and Disney expected the Infinity Saga run to last this long. And you're right. That book is over. Now it's a new one. One thing is for certain, Marvel will never capture the Infinity Saga beginning with Iron Man in 2008. It's impossible to duplicate.

I think peoples expectations have change. Coupled with main characters (who had built up their own brands) leaving for good.

This new iteration of the MCU, like the first one will eventually evolve into greatness. People just need to be patient.

:yeshrug: And it's still #marvelset regardless

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I was never excited for this and didn't like the choice of director. This, Black Widow, and Shang Chi, which I haven't seen, felt like cash grabs. They should have taken a break from the movies until the heavy hitter Avenger characters were ready for their next flick.

If they were going to do Eternals they should have brought Thanos back and let him play a part in the flashbacks so there would be a real villain.

:beli:

But they did take a break :gucci: in 2020.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
XMen are tainted and they need to wait years for the Fox universe stink to wear off. They need to make a good Fantastic 4 first. They're doing that the right way... but for fukks sake, at some point start hinting to the mutants.

man... at this point the stink of gone. Wandavision proved that much. And they have so many projects already in development, that sprinkling them around will at least keep casuals intrigued.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
beginnings ...

gLhtrUo.png

pjYveNl.png

ZD3jHYR.png

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
now i'm really curious to see what audiences think about it
glad this wasn't black panther 1 though :whew:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
There was no "Infinity Saga" back in 2008. Even the "stones and Thanos" quest came much later.

Ironman in 2008 box office was 8th. The MCU didn't take off until Avengers. Hulk, Thor, Captain America were decently reviewed and turned a profit but they did not dominate movies or media. Dark Knight was actually the comic book franchise back then.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Korey and Martin at DoubleToasted were scared to say it was outright bad but if you listen to their review they don't think its good:francis:
Korey was talking in circles and finally gave it a low matinee and Martin gave it a rental, pretty much since its a Marvel movie go see it but:ld:
Second review today I heard the reviewer say Shang Chi was better
Martin said atleast Black Widow and Shang Chi had a couple of set pieces he enjoyed:beli:

are these guys on marvel's payroll now? why can't they give a bad opinion if that's how they feel?

I saw ten rings and it was decent. I'm not really interested in this one however.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
are these guys on marvel's payroll now? why can't they give a bad opinion if that's how they feel?

I saw ten rings and it was decent. I'm not really interested in this one howevere.
Martin was pretty straight forward saying it sucked but I think Korey is worried about likes/dislikes on Youtube. He's been saying alot recently about how that they depend on Youtube to keep the site running and having videos with a bunch of dislikes might scare sponsors. That's just a guess though.

Last edited: