Official 'The Eternals' Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The reviews may have kept some people from the theaters, but it broke records on Disney +. Most watched program ever.
Watched some fan reviews of people just seeing it now that it's on streaming and they are mostly positive not understanding the poor reviews. Good movie just mid tier for a Marvel movie.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Watched some fan reviews of people just seeing it now that it's on streaming and they are mostly positive not understanding the poor reviews. Good movie just mid tier for a Marvel movie.

it had unrealistic expectations, including from myself. But to have a lower RT score than the Wonder Woman sequel and a lot of other bad movies is just :snoop:

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
I saw it in theaters late to gear up for NWH and thought it was ok at best. Watched it again last night and enjoyed it a whole lot more. You’ve just gotta know what to expect watching this movie. It’s not really run and fun action and has space-opera pacing even though it’s set on earth. Think comparing it to Dune is more appropriate than other MCU movies.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
The movie was aiight. I didn’t hate it and it gets the ball rolling on the universal threats and how there are things bigger than Earth and thanos.

I would need the sequel to be a lot better tho, more action and I need to see some MCU tie ins. This movie felt like a stand alone and at this point anytime there is a attack on earth there should atleast be one avenger around to help.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The movie was aiight. I didn’t hate it and it gets the ball rolling on the universal threats and how there are things bigger than Earth and thanos.

I would need the sequel to be a lot better tho, more action and I need to see some MCU tie ins. This movie felt like a stand alone and at this point anytime there is a attack on earth there should atleast be one avenger around to help.

There are no "Avengers" on earth right now.

Tf is Clint or puny Banner going to do about Tiamut? lol

Substitue the emergence for something like the impact of a world breaking Asteroid...who gonna deal with that? Vision? Sam?

As for a sequal, I don't think there will be one, Chloe was instructed to make it a standalone project that had ripple effects and branches grow out from it.

ultimatemike

I'm about a dollar..
Daps
I tried to get into this and couldn't get past 30 minutes..

someone give me a reason to watch it.. does it get better?

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Just finished, movie was slow and confusing but did pick up on the end. I think the sequel should be much better but this was a pretty bad movie for mcu standards.

Couldn’t feel attached to a single character, Karun was the closest one lol.

Also not a fan of Harry Styles, casting just looks like picking the most popular ppl rather than the best

Rayzah

Daps
There are no "Avengers" on earth right now.

Tf is Clint or puny Banner going to do about Tiamut? lol

Substitue the emergence for something like the impact of a world breaking Asteroid...who gonna deal with that? Vision? Sam?

As for a sequal, I don't think there will be one, Chloe was instructed to make it a standalone project that had ripple effects and branches grow out from it.

They said at the end of the movie that they will return. Maybe in other movies idk.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
They said at the end of the movie that they will return. Maybe in other movies idk.

Oh for sure we'll see some of the characters, I just wouldn't expect an "Eternals 2" especially with the mixed reception.

A couple ideas:

- With the introduction of Eros and the search for more Eternals, you can get into Thanos's back story with a "Titans" project
- A Disney + show with a human Sprite continuing to be a story teller..this is how we can get some details on the Eternals time on earth and how some of their deeds get conflated with human mythos across history, Title: Marvel's Mthology

Rayzah

Daps
Oh for sure we'll see some of the characters, I just wouldn't expect an "Eternals 2" especially with the mixed reception.

A couple ideas:

- With the introduction of Eros and the search for more Eternals, you can get into Thanos's back story with a "Titans" project
- A Disney + show with a human Sprite continuing to be a story teller..this is how we can get some details on the Eternals time on earth and how some of their deeds get conflated with human mythos across history, Title: Marvel's Mthology
That’s actually a good idea, they need to hire you lol. A Disney+ show is a great way to tell that 7,000 years of backstory. Also marvel is single handily carrying Disney on their backs. Aside from the two Star Wars shows does Disney even move the needle anymore?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That’s actually a good idea, they need to hire you lol. A Disney+ show is a great way to tell that 7,000 years of backstory. Also marvel is single handily carrying Disney on their backs. Aside from the two Star Wars shows does Disney even move the needle anymore?
I like when they get a new Pixar movie but other than that yeah I strictly watch Marvel shows and rewatch Marvel movies.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i said the day after this movie came out, they should have done a Disney+ show. 1 character per episode built around Sprite narrating how said character influenced history. that was easily the most interesting and least used part of the premise. i would rather they do that than Eternals 2. i don't give a shyt if there are really no stakes. do it in between the movies if you intend to make a part 2.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Looks like Marvels making mutants an offshoot of deviants in the comics. Not hard to see where this might be going.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Looks like Marvels making mutants an offshoot of deviants in the comics. Not hard to see where this might be going.

Basically...instead of Apocolypse, make The High Evolutionary the root of all mutant fukkery on the celstials behalf of course. The celestials, like god can only do so much from a macro level of existance. They can obviously create life but would probably need a physical proxy to carry out a lot of their bidding. Look at all the roles the Eternals had in evolving humanity...surely there is a geneticist somewhere, let's say on a test planet (where Rocket is from) pushing organic beings to evolve in order to speed up growth.

From there you can show how HE on assignment tampered with the native life on earth, created devients and allowed mankind to leap frog it's way up the evolutionary scale.

iu

:whoo: