Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I liked it. Not my favorite but it was a lot better than Black Widow.

7/10

The director made that shyt look good. The sequel should be better since the back story is out of the way.
I love them acknowledge DC

Daps
But how come yall didn't tell me she died that early in the movie tho?:francis:

What a waste of a good pawg.:francis:

And I'm cracking up over the pew pew guy not even showing up for the final fight. Was he under contract somewhere else and couldn't show up for that scene or what?:deadrose:

I've never seen that happen before where one of the actual main characters doesn't show back up for the climax :deadmanny:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
And I'm cracking up over the pew pew guy not even showing up for the final fight. Was he under contract somewhere else and couldn't show up for that scene or what?:deadrose:

I've never seen that happen before where one of the actual main characters doesn't show back up for the climax :deadmanny:

Because Kingo's attachment to humanity was superficial. He agreed with Ikarus about letting the emergence happen but he wasn't going to harm his family for trying to stop it.

Ikarus: Zealot...I'll kill for my faith
Ajak: Martyr...I'll die for my faith
Kingo: I have my faith, but I'm not going to hurt others over what I believe.

Hold your own synthetic nuts :hubie:

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
casting is soon :banderas:

spoiler ..

z3hft1C.png

if younger it would probably be Alice Eve

i. blonde
ii. good actress
iii. fit
iv. english (nuff british heroes in the MCU)
v. funny
vi. can do serious stuff
vii. can do a real american accent

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie reminded me of Black Widow and Shang Chi in that I didn't care about anything that happened. They just don't feel connected to the rest of the MCU like the other movies did.

It wasn't bad but I think they picked the wrong director. Making the deviants beasts instead of humanoids was a mistake. I wish they made the celestials look like the comic version.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Eternals Spoiler Special: Chloé Zhao On Faith, The Original Ending And Harry Styles

Perhaps the biggest theme of the movie is about faith and belief and dogma, and how doggedly people will cling to that. Can you talk about approaching that theme and filtering it through those characters in that way?

I appreciate you picking up on that, because this is one of the main reasons that drew me to this story when I first read the treatment. I think of the moment when human civilization has shifted from deism to humanism, when many of us were starting to question the existence of Gods. We started to ask ourselves, "Are we responsible to give meaning to the cosmos now? It's a lot of responsibility." In modern society, there's a lot of anxiety. And for better or for worse, we're asking this question, "Is there a bigger plan out there? Is there a higher power? Are we part of this grand design? And if so, do we have the right to break out of it?" This is a question that I asked myself a lot.

Barbados Slim

All Star
Daps
Haven't seen any reviews and I'll prob avoid until watching it, but I also didn't have high hopes from seeing the line up and first trailer.

Marvel has grown to be this colossal franchise that actors can eat off of for years if they get the right character, but as soon as I saw the line up I thought they really decided lets just make a film and ensure every race, sex, gender, body shape, age feels represented - and I'm not against that....but is the story gonna hold up or is it just a "hey look a character that makes me feel seen" all mashed together on screen?
:ld:

Just watched it….and I was right!

:stopitslime:

Film was a bag of shyt. Not even gonna bother giving my critique cause I genuinely don’t think it’s worth it apart from what I said on release - the film was just a “representation matters” poster. Story was terrible and all the action scenes at the end just didn’t make up for it; the film just didn’t know what it was.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The director is a Chinese wench who made the only Black lead gay.....If that isn't an agenda, I don't know what is....they could have made Joli Bi to pander to audiences....but they had to choose the lone brother to push the agenda...Ridiculous....Celestials spreading HIV...gtfoh...

Not for nothing and apples to apples

It’s only agenda if there is equal rage for the white director on Peacemaker making the black lead of that show gay too.

If we being selective with the outrage then we not being real and all this is faking the funk