Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanos in the comics is a deviant and recently became Eternal Prime
the role Ajax and Sersi played in the movie
now in the movies I dunno but they did mention in the after credits that Starfox is still his brother like in the comics.

he’s Eternal prime? Any links? Whats the story behind that?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Movie is so azz - that people are making this out to be a biblical film and not a comic movie

:what:

People aren't making it out to be a biblical film, that's exactly what it is. Even in the source material the paralells are obvious and deliberate, they even start the movie like the book of genesis.

ikaris-eternals-noahs-ark.jpg

Saying you didn't like it or think it worked is one thing. But thinking it's a simple comic movie and not catching any of the biblical transpositions shows you completely missed the point. Without the Marvel logo this would not be the same genre of film as Shang Chi or Black Widow.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Just now watching

Deviants look sharked from Final Fantasy.

Already exalting the names of known demonic figures in modern human lore.

:snoop:

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
bytch casted a “we are the world” cast :russ:. then she mangled the fck out of the story. Made eternals synthetic life forms :mjlol:

I'm willing to concede that making a movie with 10 separate characters is hard. She had to introduce 10 super heros. Incorporate them into an MCU that's been around for over a decade, which means explain why they were never around. Then add a backstory into the present day plot, which forced a lot of flashbacks. And oh by the way, set up an 11th super hero while you're at it.

it probably would've been better to not use Earth, but then again, would people even be interested? They didn't really need to base it on earth. The movie could've taken place on another planet with the ending sending a few of them to present day earth.

GOTG worked because it didn't take place on earth. I don't see why the same logic couldn't have been applied to this.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I'm willing to concede that making a movie with 10 separate characters is hard. She had to introduce 10 super heros. Incorporate them into an MCU that's been around for over a decade, which means explain why they were never around. Then add a backstory into the present day plot, which forced a lot of flashbacks. And oh by the way, set up an 11th super hero while you're at it.

it probably would've been better to not use Earth, but then again, would people even be interested? They didn't really need to base it on earth. The movie could've taken place on another planet with the ending sending a few of them to present day earth.

GOTG worked because it didn't take place on earth. I don't see why the same logic couldn't have been applied to this.
The overarching story is fine. Issue was that shyt was super cheesy for no reason. No chemistry between the cast. The head deviant in charge went out very stupidly

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The overarching story is fine. Issue was that shyt was super cheesy for no reason. No chemistry between the cast. The head deviant in charge went out very stupidly

Nah. Having the story take place on earth, while meant to make the movie relatable, didn't make sense due to the fact that the MCU has been long established. The question of "where were they this whole time" hung over this movie for months, and the answer they gave obviously didn't go over well with the masses.

I kinda think that's why the pushed the X-Men back as far as they could. How they introduce them will be key. The only logical way to do it is via the multiverse.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The High Council of Harlem thanks you for your service :salute:

Did you like the movie?
Confirmed this. I didn't understand fast enough to avoid but you may as well just forward the entire scene when they show up at bruhs house. All the eternal bruhs do is say stop being a bytch and help us fight and then he says goodbye to twinkle toes with aggressive content. :mjcry:

The white man just won't stop. Called soft bruh a coward in the next scene.

Last edited:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
:what:

People aren't making it out to be a biblical film, that's exactly what it is. Even in the source material the paralells are obvious and deliberate, they even start the movie like the book of genesis.

ikaris-eternals-noahs-ark.jpg

Saying you didn't like it or think it worked is one thing. But thinking it's a simple comic movie and not catching any of the biblical transpositions shows you completely missed the point. Without the Marvel logo this would not be the same genre of film as Shang Chi or Black Widow.
Yeah it would, it is a superhero movie, only these were heroes during anciant times and humanity took inspiration on them to create some of the gods, but this isn't the fukking passion of the christ :mjlol: