Official 'The Eternals' Thread

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Plus, human conflict is one thing. Human in conflict with Thanos who's an Eternal himself who's gonna snap away half the population and prevent the Celestial from emerging is another.

The real explanation should be, Ajak didn't want humanity to be extinct so she let Thanos do her thing and told the others that line about not interfering.
yeah they should've had Ajak be the one that stopped them from interfering and then when Ikaris finally finds out why he kills her because he knows she's gone far off the purpose

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Yeah, it's weird because the Eternals are supposed to be there to help cultivate life to collect enough energy to awaken the Celestial. The thing is stopping Thanos fits right into their directive him snapping half the universe set the timeclock back in waking up the celestial.

Any set back the snap caused would be a like a lunch break to them. In fact humans finding a way to reverse it is what made Ajak get off the fence about wether they were worth saving or not.

Then I think about it, could they have even beat Thanos if they wanted to? I'm not so sure.

Is it just me or did the Eternals give some Justice League vibes?

Ikaris = Superman
Makkari = Flash
Thena = Wonder Woman
Druig = Martian Manhunter
Karun = ?
Gilgamesh = ?
Sprite = ?
Ajak = ?
Sersi = ?
Phastos = Batman (think toys, utility belt, not crimefighter) or Mr Terrific or Cyborg

Chloe Zhao loved Man of Steel so most def.

Daps
i think the movie is cool, it will definitely be remembered more positively in hindsight than in real time

the characters aren't that well developed to be invested in but the overall storyline and what they added to the MCU lore is interesting

prolly one of the better shot/cinematography in the MCU film too

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I kind of disagree. The action and production design were top notch in this movie,

feel like even this has been so overstated at this point. the movie is very muted. most of the locations they shot on/went to were just tan and dark. fukkin sand and water. dark ass London. hick ass Montana or some shyt. the costumes aren't anything special. their ship looked like the interior of a high tech cave and was just long hallways and shaped like a Ouija board piece or some shyt. every Deviant looked like shyt, their glowing yellow powers were ok i guess, but nothing all that new,etc... even the talk of how "beautiful" this movie was wasn't really that true to me. the only thing about this movie that wasn't medicore as fukk was the end fight

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
feel like even this has been so overstated at this point. the movie is very muted. most of the locations they shot on/went to were just tan and dark. fukkin sand and water. dark ass London. hick ass Montana or some shyt. the costumes aren't anything special. their ship looked like the interior of a high tech cave and was just long hallways and shaped like a Ouija board piece or some shyt. every Deviant looked like shyt, their glowing yellow powers were ok i guess, but nothing all that new,etc... even the talk of how "beautiful" this movie was wasn't really that true to me. the only thing about this movie that wasn't medicore as fukk was the end fight
:patrice:

Idk breh, the costumes were light, I'll give you that. But the action, fights and special effects were dope to me.

Compared to something like Dune, it's not close.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Thanos was right!. Ill watch this again now that its on Disney + but i the emphasis on Thena’s condition was a backstory for what happened to Thanos. He bossed up and probably went to every planet he knew had an egg and wiped half them out.

Of course he would be called the mad Titan cause how can u explain that. Great set up to bring him back to challenge the celestials

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Thanos was right!. Ill watch this again now that its on Disney + but i the emphasis on Thena’s condition was a backstory for what happened to Thanos. He bossed up and probably went to every planet he knew had an egg and wiped half them out.

Of course he would be called the mad Titan cause how can u explain that. Great set up to bring him back to challenge the celestials

Ebony Maw basically confirmed it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Turn a villains who was pure evil into an anti-hero brehs. :wow:
Make Mine Marvel.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I didnt think much of this movie. Very forgettable.

Can someone explain how Thanos is an Eternal? I think I may have missed that but I dont get it.
Thanos in the comics is a deviant and recently became Eternal Prime
the role Ajax and Sersi played in the movie
now in the movies I dunno but they did mention in the after credits that Starfox is still his brother like in the comics.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I didnt think much of this movie. Very forgettable.

Can someone explain how Thanos is an Eternal? I think I may have missed that but I dont get it.
After credit scene. Harry Styles character is announced as his brother and he is an Eternal he had the shiny ball both Ajak and Sersi were using to talk to Arashem.