Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
In the grand scheme of things, Thanos and the snap was insignificant.

but you can look at it 2 ways. The snap prevented the celestial from being born. Stopping Thanos would’ve sped up the emergence and earth would’ve been destroyed.

But then the movie clearly states, they were instructed not to interfere. Humans were merely there to provide enough energy for a celestial to be born. The Eternals were there to make sure nothing happened to them via deviants.

Ajak, the prime Eternal's (angels) directive was to not get involved with human affairs beyond protecting them from Deviants (demons) and ecouraging population growth.

This is akin to the angels in the bible becoming "fallen" for getting to invested in the human experience. They were supposed to babysit humanity til it was time for the emergence/rapture.
:beli:Bumbass lazy bytchass Celestials. This why I'm a proud Knull fan:demonic:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:beli:Bumbass lazy bytchass Celestials. This why I'm a proud Knull fan:demonic:
Also, this storyline made me parse the Celestial exposition to Sersi a bit more on my second watch.
Sounded like he was saying they planted the Celestial seeds in already existing planets not that they created the planets the seeds are in. But at the same time he then says the new Celestials then created suns and galaxies for other life. So are they responsible for all life or just some?
Also, could he be hiding his actual intentions and the Celestial seeds for more Celestials is not to create more life but to assists with a yet to be revealed beef with Knull?

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Also, this storyline made me parse the Celestial exposition to Sersi a bit more on my second watch.
Sounded like he was saying they planted the Celestial seeds in already existing planets not that they created the planets the seeds are in. But at the same time he then says the new Celestials then created suns and galaxies for other life. So are they responsible for all life or just some?
Also, could he be hiding his actual intentions and the Celestial seeds for more Celestials is not to create more life but to assists with a yet to be revealed beef with Knull?
Very curious when's the next appearance of Celestials cause they've clearly caused a ton of shyt

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Wait did I miss the reason why they didn't do anything during the snap?:dwillhuh:
Yeah, it's weird because the Eternals are supposed to be there to help cultivate life to collect enough energy to awaken the Celestial. The thing is stopping Thanos fits right into their directive him snapping half the universe set the timeclock back in waking up the celestial.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
they could have shown MCU scenes wit the the eternals chilling in the cut as some of the flash backs....

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
they could have shown MCU scenes wit the the eternals chilling in the cut as some of the flash backs....
Honestly instead of the family scenes that meant jack shyt they could've shown this instead :stopitslime:Or at least more with John Snow learning there's fukkery in his family history :martin:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Is it just me or did the Eternals give some Justice League vibes?

Ikaris = Superman
Makkari = Flash
Thena = Wonder Woman
Druig = Martian Manhunter
Karun = ?
Gilgamesh = ?
Sprite = ?
Ajak = ?
Sersi = ?
Phastos = Batman (think toys, utility belt, not crimefighter) or Mr Terrific or Cyborg

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, it's weird because the Eternals are supposed to be there to help cultivate life to collect enough energy to awaken the Celestial. The thing is stopping Thanos fits right into their directive him snapping half the universe set the timeclock back in waking up the celestial.

Plus, human conflict is one thing. Human in conflict with Thanos who's an Eternal himself who's gonna snap away half the population and prevent the Celestial from emerging is another.

The real explanation should be, Ajak didn't want humanity to be extinct so she let Thanos do her thing and told the others that line about not interfering.